Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Shopping Experience for BGE

Options
Smokey Bob
Smokey Bob Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to relay a shopping experience I recently had while shopping for BGE(s). After a lot of digging in the forum I found several references to a store in Tampa so I thought I would check them out since there was nothing reasonable in the Sebastian FL area.
After several e-mails I drove over to Tampa to purchase my egg(s).
In a word the store and staff are fantastic!!! I dealt with Bob Estes, one of the co-owners. No pressure, no rush, very knowledgeable about the product. A pleasure to work with. They know their eggs. My intentions were to purchase 2 eggs, a large and small.(one for company and large cooks and the small for every day use for 1 or 2 people.) Bob initially thought the second egg might be overkill, but I explained my rationale and also based my decision on a lot of input from folks on the forum as well as my nephew (a devout foodie and egger and the reason I started this fantastic journey<smile>)
So now I am the proud owner of two eggs. My first spatchcock chicken using the revised Naked Whiz method (375 & no flip) is about to come off of the small egg. I will setup the large when I finish my table to hold the pair.
Sorry for a long post, but I get excited talking about the egg.
If you are in the market for an egg (or two!) and live in central Florida, check out The outdoor Kitchen Store in Tampa. You won't be disappointed. (I have no affiliation with the store...just a happy customer)[p]Smokey Bob
Sebastian FL

Comments