Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burger Temp?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I want a safely cooked burger, but don't want it dried out. Websites says 160 degrees internal. That sounds like well done and dried out. I was thinking instead of fast like a steak, I'll do it slower like 350 or even 325 for a longer slow roast and not even flip, retaining more juices that way. Well maybe one flip if the bottom gets to dark. I'll pull at internal of 135 to 140 and rest. What do y'all think?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Bama Chad
    Bama Chad Posts: 154
    Options
    The best burgers for me have always been cooked hot & fast, around 450. I like them crispy on outside but juicy on the inside. When I have tried slow roating mine tend to dry out, but some on here have had good results. Try them both ways...slow roast a few then kick up the temp for a hot & fast cook.

Even cooking hot & fast, you only need one flip if done properly. Also, don't firm up the patties...should be just enough for them to hold together. And obviously, don't mash down on when cooking.

I usually pull them around 145-150 for myself...and feel pretty safe about them. I tend to error on the side of caution (160) when serving for others...unless they sign a waiver :)