Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the purpose of this forum ?

EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
What is the purpose of this forum ? I am trying to lose weight. I walk on the treadmill just about everyday.

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    I have lost 20 lbs since Janurary just by eating more Egg food. :laugh:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    How is your research going have you made a final decision?
  • EGGARY
    From what I have been reading a lot of you EGGERS have more than one BGE. Also you use it for everyday use. As for me I have a family of a wife and two kids,twins, 5 1/2 years old. The point is I would use the BGE for grilling but from what I have been reading the BGE can be used for other purposes, like pizza. I am leaning towards the XL. I notice you have s large as well as an XL. I see where others have one of these and two of those and the mini. I can see the benefit of having more than one but for me right now one will do. I also have the gas grill and a charcoal grill. I just wish when I got the charcoal grill I had thought of the BGE. Oh well.
  • EGGARY
    How did you lose weight from eating EGG food ?
  • Panhandle Smoker
    I am not joking I really have lost 20 pounds. When Egging I tend to do everything from scratch, as most everyone else here does. Just the basic ingredients the prepared the old fashioned way. I believe it is healthier and without all the fat added to everything which is heat and eat. I am trying a lot of new foods. I even ate asparagus for the first time the other day and I must say it must be an acquired taste. I ate it but I am not running to the store to get more yet. There is also a weight loss forum on the Forums tab at the top of this page.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Nothing wrong with an XL I love mine and I use it as much as my Large. Everyone here just wants to see you are happy with your decision. Tom has many great extras for the XL and the lump reducing ring should be out soon. I saw where they just went to the fabricators. This should help a little on the gas mileage on smaller cooks. The amount of grid space is nice when you need it. It won't be long before the twins have all there friends over to eat you out of house and home. :laugh: If you are now just a weekend warrior you will find yourself cooking on the egg during the week. I like our pizzas as much or more than most of the pizza places. The food is that good and much different than what a gas grill can produce. The moisture retention is exceptional. At first I asked "how do you smoke something for 16 hours without a water pan and it not be dried out?" It works, there is no doubt about it.
  • EGGARY
    So there is never a need for a water pan ? The SMOKER that I have (which is rusting) has a drip/water pan and I would fill it with water, beer, or wine. When is the reducing ring coming out ? Thanks for all the info.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    It sounds like the next week or so. This is his web site.
    http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/

He is the one who offered you to call and talk to him about different Eggs.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    No water pan. I do use a drip pan to catch the grease and will put a little water in there just to keep the grease from smoking and making the stinky smoke.
  • EGGARY
    A lot of neat stuff for the XL. First it was guitars, now it is the BGE.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    I had heard of the BGE for years and never paid much attention until I started to look for a new gasser to replace my old one. I researched and knew some friends that had them and I was sold. I never thought I would be coing back to charcoal but I am glad I did.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    One must have tool is a good instant read thermometer. Thermopens are very good. One of the tricks is to not let anything over cook. Most people seem to over cook chicken and other poultry by cooking it based on its appearance instead of its tempature.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I'm wondering 'bout that too! I've been Eggin' for over a year and a half and am still fighting to work off the pounds I gained from all the pig candy, abt's, and them stuffed-sausage thingie rolls that I almost got addicted to. Oy Gevalt, I guess I need to be simmering fish in H20 more often!