Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My mother came to town, so I ...

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked a 4 lb Corned Beef this afternoon and had enough lump left to sear some filets stuffed with blue cheese (its quicly becomming a favorite). I also wipped up a batch of garlic mashed potatos (with garlic roasted on the egg). I probably to need to say this, but I got a glowing review from mom (her boy has all grown up into an "EGGHEAD"![p]Smokey

Comments

• smokeypete
    smokeypete Posts: 63
    Options
    Smokey, i like the sound of smoked corned beef... a new one on me. so give... how do you do this one? it would be fun to experiment and figure it out... but why re-invent the wheel? gratitude given in advance.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    smokeypete,[p]I actually quite easy. I use store bought corned beef and a simple rub (equal parts of ground black pepper, kosher salt [I use less], paparika and sugar [I use both brown and regular]).[p]I smoke it at 250-275 degrees. When the internal temp hits 180 or 185, I pull it off, let it rest, then slice it.[p]GOOD STUFF!