Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Potstickers

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking for a new use for leftover pulled pork, so I made some potstickers.

For filling I chopped up the pork, added sauteed onions, carrots and celery. I moistened the top edge of the wonton wrapper and crimped the top. I used a pre-heated cast iron skillet with a little oil.

P5140229.jpg

In go the potstickers. After 10 minutes, I poured in 1/4 cup water and cooked 10 more minutes.

P5140241.jpg

After the 10 minutes:

P5140242.jpg

They came out great, and crispy on the bottom. I served with 3 different dipping sauces.

P5140248.jpg

Give them a try sometime.

Faith
Tampa, FL
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow, that looks delicious. Cooked on a mini? I ask as I'm considering adding a mini to my medium.
  • I love cooking on the mini. Last night, in addition to the potstickers, I made salmon on a cedar plank (cut to fit), and chicken thighs.

P5140227.jpg

Novabill, I think it would be a great addition to your medium.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    EGGcelent! Another jewel in your crown.
  • YetiBob
    YetiBob Posts: 65
    Wow!

I have never made potstickers before - they look YUMMY!

I will try this - Terrific idea!! THANKS!
    In Maryland
  • NoVA Bill
    Double WOW!

Thanks,
  • NoVA Bill
    Oh.... I forgot to ask. What size is the CI fryer? I'll have to get a new hack saw blade to shorten the handle ;)
  • It's an 8" skillet.

I forgot to add that I put some finely chopped cabbage in the potstickers.

YetiBob, they are simple and I don't think you can screw them up. Also, versatile, you can use all types of fillings. I will do shrimp next time.

Thank you, Richard.

Faith
    Tampa, FL

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Faith,

Those look delicious. What were the dipping sauces?....
    I love the uses of your mini...mins rule!!!! :laugh:
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Those look very tasty Faith

Ross
  • Thanks, guys.

Kim, one was a horseradish sauce that Ross made, one was a spicy soy and sesame oil sauce, and the other was the Mojo Criollo that you like to use. I liked the soy one the best.

Also, Kim, last night I made your onions. They were great! Thanks.

Faith
    Tampa, FL

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Faith, those look awesome! -RP
  • vidalia1
    Thanks for the info Faith...glad you liked the onions... :)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I have as Asian friend who occasionally makes a huge batch of potstickers (you should see how fast she can fold and crimp those suckers) and brings us some to freeze. I have not tried cooking them on the Egg - great idea, Faith.

I think I now have a place to take leftover pulled pork - will get potstickers in return. :woohoo:
  • NoVA Bill
    Kim,

I just bought a bag of Vidalia onions yesterday. Do you have your recipe handy?

Thanks,
  • vidalia1
    Bill,

It is on the right hand side under recipes but here you go:

VIDALIA ONION CASSEROLE

2 sticks melted butter (let this cool off for a few minutes before mixing)
    2 sleeves of Ritz crackers crushed (I do this in a large Ziploc bag with a rolling pin)
    2 Lg sweet onions cut into pieces not chopped
    1 pound Mozzarella cheese grated

Combine melted butter and crushed Ritz in the Ziploc bag and mix well.
    Layer half of the Ritz, butter combination in a baking dish or CI skillet
    Layer half of the onion pieces on the crackers
    Layer half of the cheese on the onions
    Repeat
    Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Very nice, those are gorgeous Faith. Sure hope they tasted as good as they look.

I sure would like to see the recipe for the finishing sauces if you have time.

Kent
  • Kim, I made the whole viadlia's that you posted the other day. Hollowed them out a little, placed a pat of butter and 1 tsp. of Better than Bouillon beef base (comes in a jar near the boillon cubes), you can use a cube as well. Wrapped in foil, cooked in oven 1 hour at 350 and put them on the egg for 15 minutes with the foil opened up on top.

Here it is pictured below the corn.
    Delish!

P5140252.jpg

Faith
    Tampa, FL

• GG, we were just playing with the sauces and didn't use any recipe. Ross made the horseradish one with mayo ( I know - he's weird but he likes horseradish on everything!). The other two were just stuff out of the fridge, soy sauce with hot chili sauce mixed with a little sesame oil. The last one was a spanish style marinade called Mojo Criolo that we mixed with some bottled salad dressing.

Faith
    Tampa, FL

• NoVA Bill
    Please disregard previous post - found recipe.

Thanks,
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    What a great idea and good looking cook.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    LOVE potstickers and NEVER thought of using PP. I will try for sure...I'm thinking a Hoisin BBQ suace...
  • Austin Smoker, great thought about the hoisin BBQ sauce.

• NoVA Bill
    Thank you, once my butts are pulled from the egg and I get two pizzas cooked I'm going to try your recipe - can't get enough good onions.
  • What a great idea!

I am always looking for different ways to use pulled pork. We buy the two pack Boston Butts from BJ's so we end up with so much that we freeze dinner portions for burritos/quesadillas...etc

I will add this to the list, those look good.

BHD
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Faith, you are the woman!
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Thanks Zippy!

Faith

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC05410JPG4.jpg

I'll have to try some on the egg. I make several dozen at a time and freeze them on a sheet of wax paper, then bag 'em up for cooking later.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Those look great Thirdeye. Good crimping. It's a great idea to make them ahead. Mine got slightly browned on top from the egg, which doesn't happen on the stovetop.

Faith
    Tampa, FL

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Faith, this mold makes production so much faster and like thirdeye says they freeze uncooked very well. Get the round wonton skins for the mold.

https://www.ichibankanusa.com/item.asp?PID=959
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Wow, never seen a mold for them, but you are right, I use the round wrappers and they go really fast.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery