Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Modified TRM (TRex Method) with London Broil

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found some really inexpensive (i.e., CHEAP) london broil at the store and gave it a modified T-Rex treatment. Turned out fantastic.[p]I first coated it heavily with coarse Dizzy Dust and let it sit for awhile while the dust nearly dissolved.
Heated Egg up to 600+ and seared meat for about 5 minutes per side (with dome closed, and vents wide open - opening carefully because I seem to always get a flashback)
Removed meat and let Egg drop to around 400 by adjusting daisy and bottom vent.
After about 15 minutes, returned meat to Egg for about 3 minutes a side (lid closed)
Removed meat and let it sit for a couple of minutes before slicing it into very thin slices.
It was incredibly tender and the flavors of Dizzy Dust seemed to have permeated the meat well.[p]The leftovers were wonderful in slices on top of my salad for lunch![p]Nice treatment for cheap meat.[p]

Comments