Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Little Chef

Options
Gator Bait
Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi LC,

I was just wondering if you are familiar at all with Naples Olive Oil Company. I have just recently become aware of their advertisements here in Ft. Myers and have not had a chance to check them out. They advertise a "tasting bar" where you can sample all their products which might be interesting.
I imagine Hollywood and the area has similar stores. I lived in Oakland Park for a couple years and know it doesn't take much research to find anything over there. LOL, I haven't had one of "Big Louie's" pizza's in years. :woohoo:

Gator

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Gator...Sorry I missed your ping before you signed off. This is the first I have heard of Naples Olive Oil Company. I googled, and this is what I came up with. Looks to be a rather new, and still small regional business. (More power to her, though!!!) Cudos to her for not being afraid to share recipes and such! Hope she doesn't shoot herself in the foot.

http://www.naplesoliveoilcompany.com/

And honestly, the environment here is so pretentious, I haven't really found a single specialty store that impresses, with the exception of Marky's in No Miami. I can get exceptional high quality ingredients there...ie truffles, fois gras, etc. Beyond that...I can't wait to get out of Miami. :blink:

Please, if you try out her tasting bar, please...let me know what you thought!! ;)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    These olive oil stores are everywhere(??) One up the road from us is 6-8months old and has great choices. Little pricey but worth the choice. Favorite is porcini mushroom EVOO on steaks and raspberry vinegar on salads.

http://www.shopfromolivesandgrapes.com/ccp0-splash/KHXCseo.html
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    Hey LC,

No need to apologize, I thought I was about the only person still awake at that hour and didn't hang around after posting.

I never found Marky's while I was over there, sounds very interesting. I was attending FAU in Boca and money and free time were a far and distant dream. LOL, I have studied statistics in every park in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

One of these days soon I will have to take a ride down that way and check them out and will definitely keep you filled in. Ever since I quit smoking about 5 weeks ago I have been working on my 16 year old Honda Civic to keep my hands busy. LOL, car is looking and running great, almost time for a short road trip.

Gator
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    Hi Richard,

I think Ft. Myers is a little slow to progress/change, sometimes a good thing! I always hope that these little shops make it. It's always nice to have good resources. Her prices also look a bit pricey but if her products are exceptional they will be nice to have. Your mushroom EVOO on steaks and raspberry vinegar sound delightful!

Gator
  • BBQonJ
    BBQonJ Posts: 60
    Options
    We were in Cocoa over the weekend and stumbled across this shop. Nice to be able to sample. We enjoyed to selection of flavored balsamic vingars.

Dave and Katie