Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Suggestions.

Options
Fajing
Fajing Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello again, and thanks everyone for the pork butt information. The butt came out great. I kind of panicked after the "eggspert" at the store down the street told me I had it in the egg too long and that 170 degrees was good enough.

By the time I took it out the internal temperature was 185 degrees but next time I'd give it the extra hour or two and get the whole thing up to 200, as everything except this "eggspert" suggested. But it worked out well anyway.

I'd do less salt in the rub next time, too.

This weekend I did grilled vegetable stacks on Friday and then chicken on Saturday. Again with the rub (I used the recipe in the book) I could do with less salt.

The vegetables were very interesting. It's a recipe from this month's Bon Appetit and it's not yet on epicurious.com, but when it is I'll cut and paste it here. I could have done with less radiccio though. I'm a meat eater but I must say that grilled tofu was actually very good.

This weekend I'm going for a brisket and I figured I'd get suggestions, from anyone who is kind enough to share their experience, in advance. It looks like it will be another 18 hour deal, give or take. I'm running quickly through my first bag of lump and it looks like the BGE lump, while very good, is overpriced at $25 for 20 lbs. I saw Cowboy brand at Home Depot for about $7, and that got pretty good ratings on the website you all linked me to in my last thread.

Finally, I've been reading a lot here. What a fun group you all are!

Comments