Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Cypress Table & Bologna

Options
tbonemac
tbonemac Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally had some sunshine this weekend to take some good pictures of my cypress table I built. Pretty much built to the posted plans on BGE with some slight modifications. Several good coats of Helsman Poly and it is good to go. Now it is time to start customizing with hooks and bottle openers :whistle: .
One bin has the charcoal, one holds the wood chips and V Rack, and the last one has the plate setter and baking stone and fire bricks. I have the ventilated cover that fits perfectly over the egg and table.

Last week I was reading some posts about barbque bologna. I went ahead and did a 4lb stick on Saturday and the family ate it up. I rubbed it down with mustard, applied some good dry rub, then I cut a v notch in the top of it and filled with jalpeno's and barbque sauce. Cooked at 240 with this small boston butt for about 3 hours and it turned out unreal! B) I have to apologize that the after picture did not turn out very weel so you will just have to trust me. The peppers gave it flavor, but did not make it to hot for the kids to eat.

Again, I must say that this forum is great, I appreciate all the e mails and responses. My only regret is that I did not buy a large. The medium is OK for a family of four, but now I am finding that the extended family wants to eat at our house more often.

Any suggestions on how to cook 6 slabs of ribs on a medium for the July 4th weekend? I figure I can do 3 with no problems. Could I do one cook and throw them in a cooler while I finish the other 3 slabs and serve all at the same time??

table1.jpg
table2.jpg
weekendcook.jpg

Comments