Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bread, pasta, seafood, beer, shots, thats what i w

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
made the bread, pasta, chourico, shrimp fra diavolo, casserole that i was craving after depriving my self for all these months. no need for sweets unless we are talking buca. could i have gotten more carbs in one dish

DSC_0376.jpg
my favorite pie plate

DSC_0381.jpg
some cabot cheddar

DSC_0382.jpg
ziti with some chourico and spiced up sauce

DSC_0383.jpg
some shrimp

DSC_0384.jpg
some seafood stuffing and butter

DSC_0388.jpg
plated but undercooked, back into a 650 degree egg

DSC_0390.jpg
cravings satisfied, should have taken pics of the flaming shots
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Would that be indirect?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Now that my droolin' has done in yet another keyboard, I'll not look at another of your posts (but I might just peek)! Hope your creel stays filled this summer! 8 - ),,,,
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    So, how's the weight loss going this week fish? :evil:

That thing looks delicious.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    no freakin fair!! :evil: I am at work and the large egg here is not unpacked from winter storage yet! I have tomorrow off and bread bowls with cheese steak are on the menu for dinner tomorrow night.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    I'm betting he's cutting back on his daily intake of adult beverages to offset the calorie count in that(looks at next to last photo again), er, well, maybe not! :woohoo:
  • fishlessman
    i used fire bricks on a lower grid, a thick soapstone on a really raised grid. guess thats double inderect.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    split some fried proscuito chunks with the dog sunday morning and some glazed wings sunday night with dad and back on the cheap beer. seeemed to have lost a pound :laugh: its NO FOOD MONDAY though.
    DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg
    found something interesting, fishing while standing burns 302 calories an hour. figure 20 hours this weekend of excersize, i didnt know i was excercising. :laugh: now with my legs all tensed up with a bad back i may even be burning more, sciatica down both legs
    fukahwee maine

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Nicley done! I like the ring of shrimp in the pic. Really makes it. ;)
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    fishlessman: Read your post on Friday about the Bread Bowl Pasta and was inspired (Linky for my post: HERE ). Mine didn't turn out nearly as good as I had imagined it would, but there is potential here for a great creation. As I said, "What's not to like? Fresh bread, pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, and sausage. All in one." My wife thought what I made was pretty good, but I think it paled by comparison to that work of art you created. Please give a detailed recipe if you don't mind. I want to try this again. Hopefully approaching something like the one you made.
  • fishlessman
    i used this as the sauce with a couple jalapenos halved in it, didnt add the shrimp to the sauce. i did add a little more white wine and a squirt of honey and some browned crumbled chourico sausage to it.
    http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/268/shrimp-or-lobster-fra-diavlo.html
    layerd everything as shown with alot of sharp cheddar cheese on bottom and a little between the pasta and shrimp. cooked raised grid with fire bricks down below and a pizza stone raised above with the pie plate sitting on the pizza stone at 400 degrees. i think the seafood stuffing really kicked it up, our supermarket really makes a great seafood stuffing mix. the shrimp was still raw in the middle when i first took it off, raised the temps to about 650 and put it back in for a few. i used a whole dough ball from the supermarket and had enough pasta left over to have on the side but i never measured the ziti just tossed some in the boiling water ti; it looked like enough. i didnt have the bread bowl recipe with me when i went shopping so just picked up things that looked good to me
    fukahwee maine

• Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Thanks, that helps. I was mainly curious about the dough and how much to use. That and how much pasta. I ended up eyeballing the pasta when I realized that there was no way 2 cups would fit. Also, that's a good idea for the setup for the cook. A lot of folks use a pizza stone on a plate setter w/ feet in between. I don't have a plate setter, but I got fire bricks and an adjustable rig. I should be able to get the same thing going. Still have half a ball of dough left, so I'm going to give a try again. Hopefully mine will turn out as sweet looking as that fra diavolo of yours!