Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

WAY OT (prayer/toast)

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 216
edited 8:50AM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone,
One of my dearest friends in the world went through an ugly divorce several years ago. Long story, but he deserved much better. He just got remarried and we are hosting a party for them. There was a prayer of thanksgiving that I wanted to use as a toast and I can't find it anywhere. It is based on a prayer by St. Francis. The only part I remember is something about where there is darkness You give us light, where there is lonliness in the world, you give us friends. That is a very rough recall. I know this board is not meant for this type of thing, but it's such a wonderful and diverse group of people here, I thought someone might be able to help me find this.
As always......THANKS!!!
·

Comments

• DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 216
    That is close but what I was looking for was closer to a prayer of thanksgiving and while certainly with religious overtones, it would probably be characterized as a little more secular in nature.
    ·
  • Panhandle SmokerPanhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    I would ask a Catholic Preist, they often have different versions or know where to find them. They would probably be humbled and glad to help. :)
    ·
    I am Catholic but this was just loosely based on a prayer by St Francis, so I doubt if they could help.
    ·
    I looked around and found it but it is known as the prayer of Peace. I found several versions but not quite worded like you put it.
    ·
    The A.A. version was the closest I found so far.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Francis
    ·
    I really appreciate your efforts. That's what makes this forum so special!!!!
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    I believe you are mixing up the Peace prayer already mentioned and some other prayer.

Maybe you heard a version of the Peace Prayer spoken by a local Priest.
    ·
    No, it was in a book of prayers before meals. I thought I had the book, but can't seem to locate it. It was definetly based on the prayer you mentioned, but it didn't have the part about dying and new life. It was more secularised and for that reason I thought it would make a nice toast.
    By the way, one of my neighbors grew up in Kittrell and said when he was a kid, there was a nudist colony up your way. Any truth to that?
    ·