Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New LBGE owner

Boomer
Boomer Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, what a day @ the QN4Kids in Costa Mesa CA.
The food was incredible, It made me purchase my egg the same day. :)

Anyway, after being stuffed all day long from all the food sampling from dozens of booths, when I got home we made our 1st pizza, here are the pics...

I will be cooking on this @ least 5 times a week, will post pics as I go along. ENJOY!!!!

bgepizza3.jpg

bgepizza.jpg

Stacey005.jpg

Stacey007.jpg

Boomer...

Comments

• BP
    BP Posts: 8
    Welcome to the BGE family. And with that pizza it looks like you are off to a good start!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Congrats, and welcome to the EggNation! This forum is THE place to learn tips and tricks for cooking on the egg.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Welcome aboard! You've bought the right device and have come to the right place to discuss it. I'm still a newbie (nine months) but there are a LOT of real experts on here who cheerfully give all the advice you need. Any question you have - just ask!

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Boomer
    Thank you all for the warm welcome, Im officially an EGGER, thats what Smitty said to me this afternoon :)

I enjoyed grilling on the Egg for the 1st time and look fwd to utilizing it much more than I did my Santa Maria style pits for sure...

What a great feeling to be Part of the BGE Family...

Boomer...
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi Boomer,

That's a great looking pizza! Welcome to the forum, this is a wonderful place to kick back and relax with a wonderful group of people.

Congratulations on the Big Green Egg! You will never regret it.

Gator
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Congrats on your new LBGE!
    Might as well start making room for additional
    eggcessories and "must have gadgets" :whistle:
    BTW: Nice pie
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Is that a Small Egg? And the pizza looks wonderful. I'm hot to try that out.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Judging by the double leg supports it must be a Lrg as the Med & Small have only 1 leg support in the nest.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggs_M.html
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Welcome to the forum. Now go cook something! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • gladis
    gladis Posts: 25
    Grats! Im on my 8th day of egg ownership and cooked on it 5 times so far :)

Your pizza looks great!
  • Bluecrab3
    Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Congrats...you will LOVE it :laugh:
  • Hamilton
    Hamilton Posts: 115
    Boomer wrote:
    Wow, what a day @ the QN4Kids in Costa Mesa CA.
    The food was incredible, It made me purchase my egg the same day. :)

Oh, I hope someone does a write up about the event, I wanted to go in the worst way but work said no.

Congrats on aquiring a new buddy.
  • Soonerfan
    Soonerfan Posts: 71
    Welcome to the BGE Family! Looks like your off to a great start!
  • egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Great job!

A little note that may help. If you line up the pivot screw on the metal top with the center screw of the metal top so that it is parallel to the line from the handle to the hinge the metal top will not shift when you open the lid. Does this make any sense?
  • Boomer
    egginator wrote:
    Great job!

A little note that may help. If you line up the pivot screw on the metal top with the center screw of the metal top so that it is parallel to the line from the handle to the hinge the metal top will not shift when you open the lid. Does this make any sense?

Im kinda lost,,, Could you possibly post-a-pic of what it looks like lined up that way please...

And thank you all for the replys and will post more pics of what I do today :)

Boomer...
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Boomer,

I forgot about that--you line up the stainless steel pivot screw at the 6 o'clock position so that you don't lose your adjustment when you open the dome.
  • Wilby
    Wilby Posts: 155
    Welcome to the family. You will not be sorry as you experiment. Your first pizza looks great. It has been a while since I have seen a "new" egg. I've been egging for over 10 years...
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Good to see you and the Egg made it home safely yesterday.

That particular Egg performed quite well for us this past weekend. Award winning Brisket...take care of it, and it will take care of you.

Keep Egging!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Boomer
    Day #2 with my LBGE

We did Short Ribs, Carne Asada, Garlic/Butter'd French-Bread, Sauteed Mushrooms, Chicken Sausage.
    And the Tri Tip was gone so fast I didnt have a chance to snap some shots of it :(

Stacey037.jpg

Stacey030.jpg

Stacey014.jpg

Stacey017.jpg

Stacey013.jpg