Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wet brine smoked salmon recipe needed!!!

Eggin in PeoriaEggin in Peoria Posts: 262
edited 7:33AM in EggHead Forum
desktop computer crashed and i'm out my smoked salmon recipes. I like the Third Eye dry rub but I've also done a wet brine and can't find that recipe. Anyone got a post? Think it has teriyaki and/or soy sauce as the base.........
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,814
    Will this help?

Brine, Salmon #2, Enough Brine For Two Large Salmon

INGREDIENTS:
    3 cups water
    1 cup soy sauce
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1/3 cup kosher salt
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp pepper

Preparation:
    1 Stir until ingredients are dissolved. Marinate fillets overnight. Air dry fillets and smoke as usual.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Brine

Recipe Source
    Source: BBQ List, Unknown
    ·
  • I have done this many times. I substitute teriyake for soy and skip the drying day in the fridge. Sorry Russ. This stuff is killer, Scott
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/smokedsalmon.htm
    ·
  • most thanks!! this is it!! the lady of the house will enjoy her mother's day salmon.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,959
    Welcome back, Tim! you've been AWOL from this board too long! BTW have you signed up yet for the Peoria Eggfest on Sat June 6th? Hope so!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • still need to sign up but planning on being there. i know scott and mitch are thinking of ideas to cook and plan to attend too. my parents will be in from ct so that'll be a cool event for them.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,959
    Cool! Last year Corry was there from Canada. Now your parents from CT and SSN686 is coming up from FL! We'll get this puppy on the map yet!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·