Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

TX Eggfest Recipes

mojomojo Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a great day at the Oasis. Being a newbie I must admit, I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the cooks going on. I learned a ton, and everyone was very kind and willing to share information. With so much going on, I was not able to get recipes for some of the best food I have ever tasted. Will there be a list of recipes compiled from today's Eggfest, or are they catch as catch can? I think a recipe thread would be very helpful.

Thanks to everyone who cooked today, I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Mike

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Give me some time to nurse my headache and tired bones...and I'll post tomorrow.
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    Thanks Brad, hopefully others will follow suit.
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
  • BevoBevo Posts: 179
    Pato,

You omitted the last step in your lobster recipe.

It is: Burn the gasket completely off a brand-new XL Egg on its first day of use. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I agree. This was our first eggfest and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I do wish the people cooking would have had their recipes printed but maybe they will post them soon on a Texas Eggfest recipe thread. We are really hoping the Crab Quesadilla recipe will appear on here soon. That was amazing!
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    PWise wrote:
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
    Thanks Pato, I did have a great time and it was a real pleasure to meet you. I saw the lobster recipe - I'll be making that soon for sure.

There was so much good food, I really hope a TX Eggfest thread emerges. Crab quesadilla? Crap, missed that one.