Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

TX Eggfest Recipes

mojomojo Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a great day at the Oasis. Being a newbie I must admit, I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the cooks going on. I learned a ton, and everyone was very kind and willing to share information. With so much going on, I was not able to get recipes for some of the best food I have ever tasted. Will there be a list of recipes compiled from today's Eggfest, or are they catch as catch can? I think a recipe thread would be very helpful.

Thanks to everyone who cooked today, I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Mike

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Give me some time to nurse my headache and tired bones...and I'll post tomorrow.
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    Thanks Brad, hopefully others will follow suit.
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
  • BevoBevo Posts: 179
    Pato,

You omitted the last step in your lobster recipe.

It is: Burn the gasket completely off a brand-new XL Egg on its first day of use. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I agree. This was our first eggfest and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I do wish the people cooking would have had their recipes printed but maybe they will post them soon on a Texas Eggfest recipe thread. We are really hoping the Crab Quesadilla recipe will appear on here soon. That was amazing!
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    PWise wrote:
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
    Thanks Pato, I did have a great time and it was a real pleasure to meet you. I saw the lobster recipe - I'll be making that soon for sure.

There was so much good food, I really hope a TX Eggfest thread emerges. Crab quesadilla? Crap, missed that one.