Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TX Eggfest Recipes

Options
mojo
mojo Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a great day at the Oasis. Being a newbie I must admit, I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the cooks going on. I learned a ton, and everyone was very kind and willing to share information. With so much going on, I was not able to get recipes for some of the best food I have ever tasted. Will there be a list of recipes compiled from today's Eggfest, or are they catch as catch can? I think a recipe thread would be very helpful.

Thanks to everyone who cooked today, I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Mike

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Give me some time to nurse my headache and tired bones...and I'll post tomorrow.
  • mojo
    Options
    Thanks Brad, hopefully others will follow suit.
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Pato,

You omitted the last step in your lobster recipe.

It is: Burn the gasket completely off a brand-new XL Egg on its first day of use. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • egghead1256
    Options
    I agree. This was our first eggfest and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I do wish the people cooking would have had their recipes printed but maybe they will post them soon on a Texas Eggfest recipe thread. We are really hoping the Crab Quesadilla recipe will appear on here soon. That was amazing!
  • mojo
    Options
    PWise wrote:
    Hey Mike!

It was great meeting you and I hope you had as good a time as I did... I will be posting everything tomorrow or monday morning and will happily share the recipes with you, in fact, I've posted the lobster recipe (without the pasta) on the forum a few days ago and you can see it on the latest recipes sidebar.

Cheers!
    Thanks Pato, I did have a great time and it was a real pleasure to meet you. I saw the lobster recipe - I'll be making that soon for sure.

There was so much good food, I really hope a TX Eggfest thread emerges. Crab quesadilla? Crap, missed that one.