Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would Like Gravy Type Steak Sauce Recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in NY some time ago and had a wonderful steak served with a sauce that tasted like it was made of mushroom soup and mustard plus- - - - -?[p]If someone has a recipe for a similar concoction I would sure appreciate the post of it.[p]This is a great group. Thank you for all the help I have received.[p]KL

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    KL,
    4-1 1/2 inch filets
    1/4 lb. Shitake Mushrooms
    1 medium white onion
    1 small white onion
    Jack Daniels
    Your favorite BBQ sauce
    1 lb. butter[p]Saute the diced medium onion in olive oil until tender. Drain and add white wine to taste. Remove from heat and mix in mushrooms.[p]Cut a pocket in each filet and stuff mixture in each steak. Apply cowlick or your favorite rub and sear and cook according to your likeness.[p]STEAK BUTTER
    Saute the diced small onion until tender and Jack Daniels and BBQ sauce and mix with melted butter. Refriderate to solidify and serve with steaks. Your going to have to do this by your taste.[p]I've only done this twice. I used a half of beef tenderloin once and used the individual steaks once.
    Both had great results.[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    winetenderloin.jpg
    <p />KL,
    Forgot pic. Had a few ribs that day also.[p]CWM