Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast graph

UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The ECG (East Coast Gathering) is this weekend. Doing a 27# chuck roast. If you'd like to watch the temps as it cooks, you can see it HERE

Anyone in my neighborhood interested in high end kitchen knives, feel free to stop by.

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Wow!! A 27 lb. chuck roast!! How do you like the Stoker? I just bought a CyberQ but haven't tried it yet. I'm looking forward to givng it a test drive.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Anne let me know about the CyberQ i am thinking about one.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I will let you know Eddie. I saw one in action at an egg event in Lake Havasu, AZ. Kenny Baker from BBQ Guru, did the demo and he really sold me on it. He might be a good one to talk to about it. You could email him. He's "hatch" on the forum. I know he'd be more than happy to talk to you and answer any technical questions.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    That is one hunk of meat.

Again, I want to thank you for supplying the live graph.

Every time I see the graph it sure is hard getting my mind around the delta between grid and dome temperatures. Is someone were to ask me off hand what is the difference I would say 20° to 30° however, every time I look at the graph it is always more.

Is this your coding? How many devices will the software show?

GG
  • I must be missing something... :ohmy:
    I'm looking at the graph and seeing a differance of about 14 degrees.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Will do, Thanks Ann :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Just looked at the graph again. Wonder if the dome was opened, OR, possibly the meat is going through a plateau.

The dome temp has dropped in the last hour, however, the grid has held and the meat has climbed 10° in the last 45 min to hour.

There is some reason the dome dropped that sharply. As I look at the chart right now the dome has peeked and again is taking a dip. Food and grid holding steady.

GG
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    First, I think it's best to click the "all" radio button and reset the view. The chart is pretty normal, and repeatable. Dome starts out hotter than the grid, and as the meat starts to enter the plateau, it seems to absorb the BTUs, and the dome temp drops.

The graph can handle a lot of devices. Most I've done is monitor 8 temps when we did a community meal at Christmas. I've never plugged in more than one fan though.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Thanks Warren. I did see the Christmas Post pictures.

Kent