Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name or "Handle" - This inquiring mind wants to know

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Toe 49,
    Director of Landscape Services...you know, grounds maintenance...grass...mow...I think you get the picture. Wish I could think of something more glamorous, but that's pretty much how it is. Right YB?

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Toe 49,[p]When I first got my cooker, I posted under my first name. As I started getting obsessed (like so many others I know), I'd often hear the question "Whatch gonna que babe?", hence my choice of nickname.[p]Not very glamorous, but there it is.....[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• Several years back one of my oldest daughter's friends called me Poppa Sam,next the rest of the crowd followed, then my twin daughters' friends did the same,and parents followed up. Now I'm often introduce as Poppasam.Course you get some funny looks when 3 or 4 different folks call me that around folks that don't know me.

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    FlaBQ,
    It does have a good ring to it....

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Lawn Ranger,
    You hit the nail on the head....YB stands for yard boy.
    Larry

• Toe 49,
    I'm waiting for my first Egg to arrive in a couple of weeks. (someone should give me a shower). I came upon this forum while researcing BBQ's I was facinated how people could be such fans of their Ques. After reading for several weeks, I was sold. I'm living in California but I grew up in Kansas City and have great memories of BBQ. The handle just came naturally. I'm still curious about many things and will be posting more when the first hatched arrives. Question...........after reading about all the wonderful food that is prepared on the Eggs, and thinking about the close relationships that you have with your Eggs, and.....hearing that people begin looking like spouses and pets with whom they live for a while...........Will I begin to look like my Egg? Jane, Curious in California

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    bgekellykeefe.jpg
    <p />JSlot,
    This may help you come up with a name for Kelly.
    Larry

• Toe 49,
    My wife owns a home decor store in Clermont, Fl called Silks 'n Things. I briefly thought about opening a BBQ store when the shop space next to her store became vacant. I thought I would call it Smoke 'n Things to play off of her store's name. But, I decided to keep my day job. Maybe someday when I retire.[p]Smoke 'n Things
    aka David Howd

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    337%3A9%3A2323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D827%3D97%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3B266%3B652ot1lsi
    <p />Toe 49,[p]My wife came up with mine. She said it's pretty much what I resemble when I tear into a steak--not the useless forearms part, but moreso the quickness and fury with which I tend to consume beef. Funny thing - she's the same way . . . maybe worse. What can I say, we're meat eaters.[p]But you should see my niece finish off a steak - she could probably win most eating contests in her weight class. I call her TRex Jr. This pic is her finishing off probably 8 ounces worth of NY strip.[p]TRex
  • Toe 49
    Curious in California,
    I know my shape is moving in that direction.....so much great food and so little time![p]My step daughter and her boy friend are in Vermont (from Colorado) visiting. Her boyfriend is originally from KC also and his dad is a big BBQ fan. I guess the past several months hid father has been looking at and reading/hearing about the BGE. Imagine his surprise when we sent him photo's of his son cooking up dinner on the 3 BGE's I currently have. Apparently next time Nick called home his dad was very jealous!! You'll love the EGG!!

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Smoke 'n Things,[p]Hope you are considering coming to our Florida Q-Fest in October since it's only a short drive away for you. I had no idea there were so many Florida folks out there.....[p]
    [ul][li]Florida Fest[/ul]
  • Toe 49
    TRex,
    I thought maybe it had something to do with the following:[p]"Well you're dirty and sweet
    Clad in black don't look back and I love you
    You're dirty and sweet, oh yeah
    Well you're slim and you're weak
    You've got the teeth of the hydra upon you
    You're dirty sweet and you're my girl[p]Get it on, bang a gong, get it on
    Get it on, bang a gong, get it on"[p]

• Toe 49,
    I used to go by "one feral kat" and used a closing symbol of ^oo^~
    but I've shortened it to merely kat.
    As for the origin we live near woods and for years there used to be two feral cats who terrorized our bird and squirrel feeders. One became a coyote supper one night and I guess in his memory I adopted that moniker.

• Nature Boy,
    No reference at all to Ric Flair???? I thought there would at least be a "WHOOOOOO" in there.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    TRex,
    She is adorable and a true meat eater. Are you making an egger out of her???? [p]New Bob

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Toe 49,
    I used to go by "Qbabe's husband". After one post, disagreeing with my wife, someone (I think it was Naked Whiz) suggested that we had a Jeckle and Hyde thing going. If I have to be one of those two, I will choose Hyde...he seems to have more fun!
    [/b]
  • Toe 49
    Mr. Hyde,
    That perfect! Funny how sometimes just a little thing like that sticks.....

• Toe 49
    Cornbread Willy,
    TOO FUNNY!! I recently took my foster son to a wrastling match......it was way too funny...

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Toe 49,[p]Back in the early days of the forum, there were only a handfull of us posting. First name and last initial were all that was required to remain unique.[p]I chose KennyG since it fit me well and he was also one of my favorite musicians. Since then, I am amazed at how many emails I've received from his fans, telling me how great they think my music is. I just turn on the stereo system and play a CD.[p]K~G

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Toe 49,
    'chuckls' because I couldn't decide between 'chuckles' or 'chuckels' (you know the plural of chuckle). The first looks funny (Chuck-Less?) but I think it's the proper spelling and the second is just wrong. So 'chuckls' it is (real name Chuck L.) Proud owner of a large BGE for two weeks now, first spatchcocked chicken last night...

[ul][li]Me and my car (nope, it's not an Egg pic...)[/ul]
  • Hooch
    Hooch Posts: 9
    Toe 49,
    A favorite pastime is assorted baking with sourdough. Keep a number of different starters in the fridge at any give time - 4 or 5 right now. Hooch is a by product of the sourdough - the liquid (alcohol really) that floats to the top of the starter. So its a play on that.

Yeah I want to change mine to 8888.. Thats the police code for.."Blowing Chow".. Well thats what I heard...[p][p]Dylan

• Bubblehead
    Bubblehead Posts: 16
    Toe 49,[p]"Once a bubblehead always a bubblehead", rode submarines.

• Toe 49, Most people that know me in the real world or cyber world, know me as Juggy. Very few people call me by my given name of Paul. I have been going by the nickname of Juggy for over 30 years now, but I am not the original Juggy. The original Juggy would be my dear departed grandpa. My dad has also inherited the same nickname. [p]Five years ago, when I first started posting on the forums, I signed on as Juggy D Beerman. My real middle initial is D for David. I sell beer at the KC Chief's and Royal's games, hence the "surname" Beerman. After a while, I dropped the full name of Juggy D Beerman and went by the name of Juggy. Three years ago, my dad started posting on the forums so I started using my full name of Juggy D Beerman or the intials, "JDB" for my handle. This way Dad could use the same nickname he has been using for more years than I have. Dad posts as "ojinjc" which stands for Older Juggy In Jefferson City.[p]As to the origin of the nickname of Juggy, that is another long story which you are about to hear...........[p]Grandpa worked at the family hardware store back during prohibition and the depression. He was in his early twenties and he played on the city's minor league baseball club. Times were very hard back then and people would often barter farm produce and wild game at our family store for hardware and household items. The local bootleggers and moonshiners would also trade at our store.[p]Since Grandpa knew a lot of the bootleggers and moonshiners in our area, he knew where he could obtain a jug of 'shine for the bus ride home after the out of town games played by the city ballteam. The team players always looked forward to Juggy bringing along a jug for the ride home.[p]As I said earlier, Dad inherited that nickname when he was a teenager as did I. I never heard my Gramma call her son by "that name," nor did I ever hear her refer to or call Grandpa by the name, Juggy. Gramma always called Grandpa by the name of "Bud" or his given name of Paul. Gramma pitched a fit when she found out I had been tagged with that handle. Mom only called me Juggy one time and that was as a joke. Funny thing about that nickname, I never once heard my mom call my dad by his given name of Paul. She always called him Juggy.[p]Once I was tagged with the name, things got pretty confusing at the hardware store when the phone would ring. If the calling party would ask for Juggy, I would have to ask which one and inform the caller that there were three of us working at the store that went by that name. When the caller would then ask for Paul, I had to ask them once again which one as there were three of us at the store that went by that name. LOL[p]The nickname followed me when I moved out of town. There are still people in my town that have known me for years, but don't know my real name. They just know me as Juggy. When my son was born, he was given the first name of Paul as were the three generations before him. His mom did allow this much, but she swears up and down that she will not allow him to be called, Juggy.[p]Beers to all,[p]JDB - Juggy D Beerman

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    KennyG,
    Thanks for the laugh about receiving emails from fans of KennyG. What a hoot.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Toe 49,[p]Bocci is a Italian yard bowling game. I love playing it. I married into an Italian family that plays this almost non-stop at family reunions.[p]Its properly spelled bocci, but often spelled bocce and boccie. By the way its pronounced bah-chee... I've heard folks say bah-see.[p]Years ago on old AOL I was trying to figure a name to use and everything was taken, but boccie wasnt. I've used it ever since.[p]A game of Bocci anyone? :-)[p]Maybe I should bring it to the next eggfest...

• Toe 49
    New Bob,
    Well, you do play one hell of a Sax, and that hair!!

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    KennyG,[p]You know, I thought about you the other night when I put on some of that good sax music!
  • Toe 49
    Boccie,
    Where I moved from a few years ago we had a lawn which was about 5 mowed acres. We used to play what we called "Jungle Boccie" and "Jungle Croquet". We would launch the pallino overhand. We also set up the wickets for croquet about 75' apart.....needless to say, we went through MANY mallet heads....