Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled the trigger

ray356
ray356 Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After much research (a fatal flaw of mine) I pulled the trigger and bought my first egg - a large BGE. Unfortunately they are out of stock and it will be next week before I get it -

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    At least you have set things in motion. Hang around here until it comes in and you will have a good handle on what to expect. You will be ready to shoot yourself in the foot for waiting. The Large is a popular size Egg, you will love it. Welcome :)
  • OOOhhh, that's just wrong. I suggest you stop reading the forum and looking at the pictures til you receive it.

But when you do...... then the fun starts!!

Congrats!!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Eddie, my response was to Ray and not to you - we were both typing at the same time!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Welcome Ray. The large is a great choice and you can use the week wait to learn the best techniques to ensure you get the most from your new egg when it finally arrives. Stick around and take notes.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Welcome and what a great choice you made. I've had my large for a year now and wish I had gotten it sooner!
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Congratulations Ray.

As with the above, sorry to hear you have to wait.

There are plenty of stuff you can read that will be useful before your eggs arrives.

You should ask your dealer if they will give/loan you the video that comes with the egg. It will give you a head start and you can be ready to cook when the egg arrives.

Welcome to the forum.

GG
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    An Anal-ist...Cool beans...Welcome to the forum. Now the fun begins. Make sure you make it to the Octoberfest so you can learn the "handshake" :woohoo: :P
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Love it that you're calling it your first egg. Sounds like you "got your mind right."
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    ray356,

Good move! Welcome! You will never regret that purchase.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Welcome to the world of egging!! Listen to these fine folks and lurk away.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • And remember, let the egg egg. Trust the egg. My first week was was a disaster, well a fun disaster. Dont be afraid to ask questions there are some great people on here. They really helped me thru the curve. Have fun.
  • Welcome Ray!
    What have you been cooking on and what kind of stuff do you like to cook?
  • ray356
    ray356 Posts: 26
    Thanks to all, feel very welcomed by all - I have used a small bullet smoker for things suchs as ribs, brisket and pork butt, and a propane grill for stakes, fish and vegies. Still have the propane at this point, but it maybe very lonely when egg arives.
  • Ray, you can use the gasser for storage of your eggsessories, like some other eggers here do.
    Here's hoping your egg arrives earlier than expected.

Faith
    Tamap, FL