Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swamp Donkey has arrived!!

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I went to my younger brothers house last night and was there for almost his maiden voyage on his new large BGE. He will be posting under the name "Swamp Donkey". I must say the food was excellent and the presentation was, well, different. I called to see if he needed anything and he said he was all set....had everything which was needed. We got there and he was just finishing up some coconut shrimp. He finished them up and on a paper plate walked around the deck serving the 8 of us (myself, my wife and our son, my mom, himself and his girlfriend and 2 daughters). Next up was some grilled swordfish. Once again this came out excellent but was presented in the same manner....walking around with a plate serving pieces of swordfish....just pick up with your fingers and eat. Finally there was the new york strip steak...same presentation. He, I think, jokingly said he only had one fork and, looking around, maybe he was telling the truth!! He ended the night by getting the egg up real high, 800 or so with flames, and people made smores. All in all the food was excellent, company was great and the beer was cold!! All was, to quote Bill and Ted "most excellent". The only thing he really needs to work on is not messing around with the dampers, and to keep the lid shut. He opens it a lot losing heat, but that'll pass with time.

Comments