Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Lunch Cook Ever

Options
Jersey Doug
Jersey Doug Posts: 460
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a couple of Bubba Burgers, but a significant event nevertheless. In the twelve months that I've been Egging I've never fired up an Egg to cook lunch, until now. We brought home a demo Mini from Waldorf, primarily to take camping, but also with the thought that I might be more inclined to use it for a quick cook than our Large or Small. This morning 11:00 came and it looked like the rain would hold off for an hour or so. I pulled the Mini out of the shed (I haven't figured out yet where it will reside) and fired it up. 40 minutes later we were eating burgers.

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Where's the pics :angry: :laugh: JK. No really where are they.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    It was raining by the time the burgers were cooked so no outside photo. I didn't think a couple of Bubba Burgers covered with cheese would be particularly inspiring - at least not in a positive way - so no indoor photo either. They were good though. It's raining pretty hard now, so it's unlikely I'll cook the stuffed franks for dinner outdoors.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Wow, never a lunch cook. Unthinkable.

Love the mini and I will bet you will use it more than just for camping. After a year with my mini I am still amazed of how little lump I put in it to cook.

Congratulations on getting yours.

GG
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Doug,

I love my mini for that very reason breakfast, lunch or dinner it is sooooo easy to use. I hope you enjoy.