Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Building an Egg Cart - Any Ideas?

Options
Wonderful Wino
Wonderful Wino Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm building a cart this week for my new egg. I'm going to customize Texd's design and I'm looking for ideas, things you wish you would've added to your cart if you had another chance. Trying to think outside of the box or the cart in this case.

Comments

• Charcoal Mike
    Options
    outleft.jpg
    <p />Wonderful Wino,[p]Here is my want list:[p]1. Mini Fridge. Who wants to have to walk ALL THE WAY INSIDE for a beer ?
    2. Umbrella attached to the table. And while I'm wishing I might as well go for a retractable awning, to just cover the whole patio.
    3. Drawers. Not a huge one, I'm OK with the big opening for lump, grids, etc, but for the small stuff - thermometers, lighters, flashlight, Cigar AshTray, gloves, etc, etc.
    4. A lock. Neighborhood kids like to pry. Have lost a couple of lighters before. Now I leave the cover on most of the time to discourage little hands.
    5. Go ahead and throw in an electrical outlet and a small sink.[p]Cheers to ya -[p]Mike

• Charcoal Mike
    Options
    outleft.jpg
    <p />Wonderful Wino,[p]Here is my want list:[p]1. Mini Fridge. Who wants to have to walk ALL THE WAY INSIDE for a beer ?
    2. Umbrella attached to the table. And while I'm wishing I might as well go for a retractable awning, to just cover the whole patio.
    3. Drawers. Not a huge one, I'm OK with the big opening for lump, grids, etc, but for the small stuff - thermometers, lighters, flashlight, Cigar AshTray, gloves, etc, etc.
    4. A lock. Neighborhood kids like to pry. Have lost a couple of lighters before. Now I leave the cover on most of the time to discourage little hands.
    5. Go ahead and throw in an electrical outlet and a small sink.[p]Cheers to ya -[p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Charcoal Mike,[p]That's a nice cart. It looks like it is made out of pine. How do you keep it from weathering outdoors? Is it under a roof that doesn't appear in the photo?
  • Charcoal Mike
    Options
    coverfront.jpg
    <p />paulH,[p]Thanks! Actually, it is made out of red cedar - and no roof. I used a water resistant stain to finish called Sikkens Cetol ( http://www.sikkens.com ). I did a ton of research before I finished it, and I kept coming up with that brand name over and over.[p]I am also lucky enough to have an uncle that does vinyl work for a living. He made me a custom cover that I use 99% of the time.[p]Cheers to ya -[p]Mike[p]

• Hanker'n2Grill
    Options
    Wonderful Wino,[p]Check my cart. It was a summer project though and not just a weekend. Lots of planning too. I would add a fly exterminator if there were such a thing. For now I just set up a strong fan blowing my way in the summertime and that at least blows them away. True Egger's are never totally satisfied though.

[ul][li]http://www.kseyes.com/Hank's_BGE.htm[/ul]