Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadillas and Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up a new recipe for a corn and black bean filling for quesadillas and they were excellent! I used fresh corn, because it was available in the store and I used chili chipotle powder, because it was all I could find at the house. They were excellent!

I added some grilled chicken breasts that were stuffed with aged swiss cheese, homemade Canadian bacon, and pesto sauce and then coated with some BBQ rub. I slow cooked them with pecan and cherry wood.

Here was the prep on the breasts.

06-05-09ChickenBreastprep.jpg

Here is the finished plate with the quesadillas and a nice salad. A Pacifico worked nicely to finish the dinner.

06-05-09ChickenQuesadillasPlated.jpg

Comments

• Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Options
    Those breasts looked really tasty. I'm still in the stage of playing with time and temps on stuffed meats. It's almost endless the possibilities. Mind if I ask your cooking method. By the looks of the chicken I'm guessing indirect. I'm going to try stuffing some birds with some spinach, basil, garlic and some type of cheese on Friday. So a few hints could really help an eggspiring newb.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I cooked them indirect for about an hour and a half and the temp was 145, so I kicked the temp up to 300 and finished them in about 15 more minutes.
  • Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Options
    Got it. So low and slow around 250-275 for the first little bit. Sounds good. I appreciate the tips and I will get back to you on my weekend delights.
  • eggfan
    eggfan Posts: 73
    Options
    It must be the fifth of may!!!