Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Cajun Pork with Garlic Cheddar Buscuits

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
site1032.JPG
<p />This is my first attempt at posting a picture so hopefully this works. Over the weekend I did some Orange Cajun Pork which came out great. I soaked the pork in orange juice for close to 36 hours (didn't cook as soon as I planned). I took out of fridge and let pork get to room temperature. I then coated one side of the pork with Evangeline's Cajun Seasoning and the other side with Evangeline's G'rilla Shaker (thanks Chef Wil.....they are both GREAT). I put on the pizza stone for the biscuits and surrounded the stone with the pork.....cooked for a total of 10 minutes....they came out a little charred but I like it that way!! Cooked this on the large BGE while corn in husk was cooking on the small. Add my wife’s pasta salad and a tossed salad with lettuce, pickled beats, artichoke hearts, carrots and grape tomatoes and we had a great meal!! [p]NOTE: I TOTALLY covered the pork in the Evangeline's seasoning and the mix of spices and the orange, and the pork was EXCELLENT!!

Comments