Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Countertop material

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My builder was asking yesterday what material do I want for my counter tops. He has seen some tiles made from granite that fit snuggly together without grout. Once sealed they would seem to be easy to maintain and keep clean. Plus he thinks they would be less expensive than whole granite counter pieces (like in my indoor kitchen).

The obvious concerns are heat tolerance and stain resistance (Carnivore and other such spills). :ohmy:

What is your collective experience and suggestions.

Another thought - I plan to have my eggs (Large and small) sitting open on a low shelf (like SNN686's), but with a back wall (Not cut out). The cabinetry will be cypress. Do I need to protect the sides of the counters from the heat (only open in the front)? Will have pavers and green feet under the bases.

Thanks for the eggspert opinions! :woohoo:

Comments