Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

CecilCecil Posts: 771
edited 6:27AM in EggHead Forum
I have a couple #s of raw devained, peled shrimp that I am going to egg this afternoon to chill for for a family gathering tomorrow.

My question is how to store in fridge? Gallon ziplock, tupperware? Just don't want them to be rubbery or mushy.
I don't do shrimp often.

I'll cook with a little EVOO, S&P and some rub.

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Ziplock will be fine.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Do not overcook!

Shrimp cooks really fast and will get rubbery right under your nose! :)
  • Egg And IEgg And I Posts: 110
    Ziplock or t'ware is fine.

Rubbery shrimp comes from overcooking. You want to pull it just as it turns opaque throughout. You know how shrimp curls as it cooks? You want to pull it just as it forms a "C". If the ends close on each other it's gone too far. Time is highly variable depending on setup, but about 125 internal temp is plenty.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I would place a couple paper towels in whatever you put them in just in case a temp difference made them sweat in the fridge. :)