Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Ten Years, Ten EggFests

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 6:04AM in EggHead Forum
I bought my large Egg ten years ago. I think it was March or April of 1999. That year Dale announced that he wanted to have a Waldorf EggFest. I posted a message on the earlier version of this forum that if they wanted live music my blues band was available. Little did I know that Dale was a blues fan (and a pretty decent singer, when it comes to Jimmy Reed covers :)

We got the gig, and for ten years we have gone to Waldorf (in, now I think, 4 different bands) to entertain all of the Eggers. It has been amazing every time, and it seems to get better every year.

In my time as a musician, I have had some great times playing. I have played blues festivals in front of over a thousand people. I have been in bands that have opened for some amazing blues artists. I've met BB King and a few other great blues artists, and some of them are friends of mine.

But this EggFest gig is one of my favorite gigs to play, and it's always a great time.

I really enjoyed playing there this year, and I'll be back in 2010!

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Great story...
  • Panhandle SmokerPanhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Thats it, we need an Eggfest in New Orleans! :woohoo:
  • B) 2nd that!!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I'm in!!! :whistle:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    And/OR Memphis!!! :woohoo: B)
  • RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    Cincinnati too!
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,365
    Hey Steve. I've been there for all ten of your appearances, and every time you guys have sounded great, no matter what band. I noticed this time how much better of a harp player you are today. I was groovin' bigtime. Thanks for filling my head with good tunes for the last decade!
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    If there's an eggfest in New Orleans I can guarantee that I'll be the first to sign up.
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    You guys were fantastic!! Blues and doesn't get better than that. Glad to hear you'll be back next year.
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Thanks Chris! It's always great to see you.