Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ten Years, Ten EggFests

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited 2:17AM in EggHead Forum
I bought my large Egg ten years ago. I think it was March or April of 1999. That year Dale announced that he wanted to have a Waldorf EggFest. I posted a message on the earlier version of this forum that if they wanted live music my blues band was available. Little did I know that Dale was a blues fan (and a pretty decent singer, when it comes to Jimmy Reed covers :)

We got the gig, and for ten years we have gone to Waldorf (in, now I think, 4 different bands) to entertain all of the Eggers. It has been amazing every time, and it seems to get better every year.

In my time as a musician, I have had some great times playing. I have played blues festivals in front of over a thousand people. I have been in bands that have opened for some amazing blues artists. I've met BB King and a few other great blues artists, and some of them are friends of mine.

But this EggFest gig is one of my favorite gigs to play, and it's always a great time.

I really enjoyed playing there this year, and I'll be back in 2010!
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Great story...
    ·
  • Panhandle SmokerPanhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Thats it, we need an Eggfest in New Orleans! :woohoo:
    ·
  • B) 2nd that!!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I'm in!!! :whistle:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    And/OR Memphis!!! :woohoo: B)
    ·
  • RollocksRollocks Posts: 570
    Cincinnati too!
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    Hey Steve. I've been there for all ten of your appearances, and every time you guys have sounded great, no matter what band. I noticed this time how much better of a harp player you are today. I was groovin' bigtime. Thanks for filling my head with good tunes for the last decade!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    If there's an eggfest in New Orleans I can guarantee that I'll be the first to sign up.
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    You guys were fantastic!! Blues and bbq.....it doesn't get better than that. Glad to hear you'll be back next year.
    ·
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Thanks Chris! It's always great to see you.
    ·