Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster & Steak . . .

Options
djm5x9
djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This evening we had a wonderful meal of rib eyes, lobster, squashes (yellow and zucchini), and mild Hatch, New Mexico chilies along with fresh sliced tomatoes. The steaks were my usual rare, enough to make Tim complain (smilie thingie). The Lobster was prepared and cooked following the long lost Houndog's "Dwell in the Shell" recipe. Timing is very important and this cook turned out well.[p]lobster&steak.jpg[p]squash&hatchchilies.jpg[p]Having two cookers makes this easy due to cooking temperature differences of the main course and grill space.[p]lobster&steak2.jpg[p]Make no mistake . . . This blackened steak had the right amount of Moooo when sliced!

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Darryl,
    That looks great, were those fresh or frozen lobster tails???[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• djm5x9
    Options
    New Bob:[p]Frozen tails . . . There are no reasonably priced sources for lobster around here.
  • RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Options
    djm5x9, Move to Maine!!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    djm5x9,
    those thaya look like Rohk Lohbstas, ayuh.
    ...doan look like no Maine ones, thaya.[p]but any lohbsta is a good lohbsta.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    IMG_0638.JPG
    <p />djm5x9, and don't forget Lobster and Rib Eye Roast!

[ul][li]Lobster & Roast![/ul]
  • djm5x9
    Options
    stike:[p]Back in the middle 1960's I tasted what I have always thought to be the best lobster a young Southern boy would ever taste until the Atlantic coastal waters lapped close to what is now the southern rim of I-285. During a family road trip to Canada and northeast America we stopped by a Connecticut roadside vender where the ocean almost touched the highway. You to selected your own lobster for a quick boil and had coleslaw, potatoes, and corn as sides. The slaw and fries were so-so and the corn was very good for the yellow varieties available at that time. The lobster was without question the best lobster I have ever tasted. I have not had anything close since.[p]Inland folks takes what they can gets . . .
  • djm5x9
    Options
    Gordon:[p]That is a very good suggestion, thanks.[p]By the way, I went to a Tampa restaurant this evening that bills itself as a great steak and seafood place this evening. I passed on the steaks because they had no strips. The shrimp and alligator were on par with Red Lobster on an exceptional day, NOT![p]Bottom line, with a good product we can do better at home . . .
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    djm5x9, couldn't have said it better... :~}[p]I have had steak out only a few times in the last few months - a little place called Bistro Zink in the Chicago Gold Coast area - it's always about perfect (and so is the company) - how to order a 1/2 inch steak medium rare and actually get it that way with a nice pattern on the outside - amazing!