Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen

Options
ebrooker007
ebrooker007 Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking of doing an outdoor kitchen does anyone have plans of there kitchen? I'm looking for some ideas. Please tell me things you could never live without and things that you may not use as much as you thought you would.

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    This was our last outdoor kitchen. LC designed it and with some help of a few buds, we threw this together in 3 weekends.

brick_pizza_oven_w_bbq_night_bmp_2v.jpg
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • RCflier
    RCflier Posts: 57
    Options
    3 weekends? WOW. love the design. I'm 6 MONTHS through mine and still not done, but done a lot of it alone though. a few more weekends and the Egg will be in its "new home"

IMG_4212.JPG
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Funny, we stained it red like yours..The Egg was kept under the counter in a nest. Get lots of beer and your buds will follow.. :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    A few pics

_MG_2042.jpg

_MG_2044.jpg

_MG_2045.jpg

_MG_2046.jpg

The gasser is handy sometimes (one conventional burner and two Infrareds) but I could live without it. I use the crawfish/crab boil burner a lot and love it. I like having all the storage drawers and bins.

I designed it in google sketchup and would be happy send the file if anyone is interested.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    I am Green with Envy. :laugh: Soon......Soon :)
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning ebrooker007:

Here is a shot of mine after adding the small Egg a few weeks ago...
    P4050902.jpg

I have adequate storage, but probably should have done a few more drawers. I LOVE having the sink close by, plus it is a 19" diameter sink so I can clean the cooking grids very easily!

Here is a plan view and an elevation view of what I originally envisioned and it came out pretty close.
    Eggsatend.jpg

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me via the forum.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Here are a few pics of ours, still not done relaying the pavers around the perimeter. If only the rain would stop.

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01410.jpg
  • Lightnin' Bolt
    Options
    That's a great looking kitchen, Bubba Tim! Is that rock veneer on the outside or is it actual stone construction? If it is a veneer, what is your internal structure made of?

I am in the process of designing my new man kitchen and am exploring different internal structures options.
  • Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Options
    All these kitchens look great!

Here's mine:

052.jpg

John
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :( put all my $$$$ into remodeling bathrooms and 3 bedrooms...so outdoor kitchen turning into covered outdoor extended patio...lots of bucks can get tied up real quick--the one like Little Chef was going for around 25G if you had to pay for labor.... :ohmy:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    At least...They had what looked to be 5-6 grand in counter tops alone.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    The Naked Whiz site has more tables than you can count! :ohmy:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Aluminum 2x4 is the internal with cement board. Yes that is rock veneer. The base cabinets were built around the granite counter tops. Theye were custom ordered for a project and the man died. I picked them up for the bal owed. ($300)
  • bubba tim
    Options
    soup to nuts, less than 2 grand in the whole project. It took 3 weekends to build but took 3 months to pull it off get all the parts and pieces. :woohoo:
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    AHHHH..The Egg-ma-hall! Love it!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    That's looking really nice! I can't wait to see the finished project.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is the greatest set-up I've ever seen. Always enjoy the pics when posted. Love the cathedral effect combined with NO BUGS! Used to live on the Gulf Coast and that can definitely be an issue.
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    OK, I'll play. Here are a couple pics of mine. I designed the grill center for my newly constructed home with Google SketchUp. I actually designed my grill center with the BGE in mind, having never tasted food from one or even seen one in action. I went to buy a big'ol gasser and the salesmen had me hooked on the Egg before I left the store. Best purchase I made for the new house! In these pics the floor is still just concrete, but I will be covering it with stone. Also, the counter top is still untreated stone in these images, and they will eventually be sealed and enhanced. Oh, and if anyone sees any problems with how the BGE is situated, please let me know. The grill island (actually more of a peninsula) is made of concrete with steel supports internally, lined exteriorly with stone. The BGE is resting upon 3 ceramic feet.

grillcenter1.jpg

grillcenter2.jpg

grillcenter3.jpg

grillcenter4.jpg

BGE2.jpg

I like this one without the flash because you can see the coals a'blazin!
    BGE1.jpg
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    Options
    Oh, and I built this PVC/egg crate shelf unit for eggcessories that I store beneath the gasser.

grillPVCshelves1.jpg

grillPVCshelves2.jpg