Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Variations on Vinegar Pie

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 8:59AM in EggHead Forum
Since I'm doing thrse next week in Austin, I thought I'd experiment a bit. One is done with fresf lemon zest and sliced almonds, the other with chopped pecans. They both came out very tasty. Can't decide which I like better. 350 in the Egg for about 50 minutes.

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    wowwwwwwww Mike..... a very though decision i can imagine.....
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Overnight a slice of each to me and I'll help ya decide :laugh:
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    I haven't tasted either ofthem but from the ingredients listed I would go with the pecans. I'm sure they're both excellent. Too bad the Texas Fest ended up on Mother's Day weekend. My mom is 79 and I really want to spend the day with her and also my daughter who's a mom too. Hopefully next year Texas will change their date. I'd love to be there with all you fun Texans.
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
    My Mom made vinegar pie a few times. Love it. She didn't put nuts in hers if I remember correctly. Perhaps it would be good to make a variety of 'em. In fact, I KNOW it would be good to do that.

Spring "Just Trying To Help" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Come Saturday I’d be more than happy to sample one of each and give you my unprofessional opinion. :laugh:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    My mom used to make one with rasins.DELISH! :whistle:
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I've got the raisins and found a recipe! Could be next.
  • belle's dadbelle's dad Posts: 146
    Sure looks good. Would you care to share the recipe, or, at least give me a clue where to look.

Vero Beach, Fl
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 460
    That looks mighty tasty, thinking about driving 400 miles for a piece o pie!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Mike, those look great! Are there recipes somewhere? Thanks