Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pizza Questions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't do it often but the kids asked if I could do some pizza. So last night I did 3 pies. Just two questions:

1. I bought some dough at a local pizzeria. The last pie shape just didn't work out so I put it back into a ball. The dough became very elastic. Is there a way, after working dough, to get it to relax so you can start over?

2. My setup was Plate Setter, with legs down, and placed a pizza stone on the 3 egg feet. Had some difficulty getting the middle of the pizza hot enough to cook. Is there a better set-up?

Thanks,
Howard

Comments

• Red Dog
    Red Dog Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't know about the dough but I put the pizza stone directly on top of the leg setter and they come out just fine. Did 7 pizzas the other day and the average was less than 4 minutes per pie. Temperature was about 650 - full opened bottom and nothing over the top vent -- no daisy wheel.