Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping ZippyLip

Options
TomCPA
TomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Zippy-

My wife was wondering what is the pizza dough recipe you use? She is still bugging me since Tikifest and asked me to get it from you yesterday at Waldorf. I forgot to ask.

By the way, what was the tasty dish I first sampled again yesterday at Waldorf around 11:00am?

I can't wait to try the Dizzy Pig Coffee Rub either. You gave me a great idea for it today!

Tom

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Tom, I use a very basic non-aged pizza dough recipe, take a look at the slideshow below for the method, but the ingredients are 4 cups bread flour & a little salt, 1.5 cups water, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons yeast, kneaded for 15 minutes.

As far as the dish you sampled (if you are talking about the stuff I was making), it was a Dizzy Doober with Carnivore Chipotle Sauce & Pineapple Head Pineapple Jalepeno Salsa. If you were somewhere else at 11am :blush: , I have no idea, there were too many tasty dishes to even remember

th_IMG_2497.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • TomCPA
    TomCPA Posts: 82
    Options
    Zippy,

Thanks for the recipe.

I should been more specific about what I ate. It had the shrimp in the middle.

And I do agree, the fatty that NatureBoy served was the best thing I ate all day. Yours was a close second. :)

Tom
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Tom, yea, that was it, & I agree on the fatty... It was good to see you again by the way, I'll be back at Wess & Sally's if they have another Tikifest & don't 'accidentally' give me the wrong date :laugh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    How long will the dough be good for in the fridge? Or can it be froze?
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Not too sure, I usually use it the same day. If you want to make dough in advance, I think you will need to use a lot less yeast. Fidel could give you the lowdown on that, he has the proportions down to a fare thee well for aging dough
    happy in the hut