Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ping ZippyLip

TomCPATomCPA Posts: 82
edited 8:46AM in EggHead Forum
Zippy-

My wife was wondering what is the pizza dough recipe you use? She is still bugging me since Tikifest and asked me to get it from you yesterday at Waldorf. I forgot to ask.

By the way, what was the tasty dish I first sampled again yesterday at Waldorf around 11:00am?

I can't wait to try the Dizzy Pig Coffee Rub either. You gave me a great idea for it today!

Tom
·

Comments

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    Tom, I use a very basic non-aged pizza dough recipe, take a look at the slideshow below for the method, but the ingredients are 4 cups bread flour & a little salt, 1.5 cups water, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons yeast, kneaded for 15 minutes.

As far as the dish you sampled (if you are talking about the stuff I was making), it was a Dizzy Doober with Carnivore Chipotle Sauce & Pineapple Head Pineapple Jalepeno Salsa. If you were somewhere else at 11am :blush: , I have no idea, there were too many tasty dishes to even remember

th_IMG_2497.jpg
    ·
  • TomCPATomCPA Posts: 82
    Zippy,

Thanks for the recipe.

I should been more specific about what I ate. It had the shrimp in the middle.

And I do agree, the fatty that NatureBoy served was the best thing I ate all day. Yours was a close second. :)

Tom
    ·
    Tom, yea, that was it, & I agree on the fatty... It was good to see you again by the way, I'll be back at Wess & Sally's if they have another Tikifest & don't 'accidentally' give me the wrong date :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    How long will the dough be good for in the fridge? Or can it be froze?
    ·
    Not too sure, I usually use it the same day. If you want to make dough in advance, I think you will need to use a lot less yeast. Fidel could give you the lowdown on that, he has the proportions down to a fare thee well for aging dough
    ·