Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest!!!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Dale, family and crew for the amazing weekend. Really was nice to meet so many new friends and hang with old. Weather was nice to us for the most part.

The pre-party
1PreParty.jpg

Ray spices up his ham with pineapple head
2DRBBQHam.jpg

Chuck made several batches of his famous cheese steaks. All devoured in seconds.
3ChucksCheesteakes.jpg

Woo DOggies and his chicken
4WooChicken.jpg

Me, the gracious host, and John
5MeDaleWoo.jpg

Hayhonker and Wendy (now Sunshine Biscuit) made colorful kebobs
6Hayhonker.jpg

7ColorfoFOod.jpg

I made a few Maple Red Eye rib meat fatties
8RedEyeFatty.jpg

Bob of Guru and the best whiskey I ever tasted
9Trudnack.jpg

The after party was an absolute success. Pictures cannot do it justice!

Great weekend. Yawn.
Chris
10Afterparty.jpg
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    sad i missed it :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Great pics Chris, I see you survived another one :whistle:
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Cool pics! Looks like a good time was had by all...

When will it be possible to buy Pineapple Head? From everything that I have read, it is a must have...
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dangit mang,it looks like ya'll had some fun :woohoo: I wish that I could have been there :pinch: Maybe next year :whistle:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks like a great time!! Another under your belt.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Another great time at Waldorf...

If memory serves me, Waldorf was the very first Eggfest. And it was such a success that Big Green Egg - Atlanta later decided to follow with their own Eggfest. Only a few were there for the first one but it has certainly grown to one of the premier parties in the world of backyard cookery. All thanks to the Waldorf crew who gave it life.

Meanwhile, Waldorf keeps the tradition alive with food, fun and frolic year after year.

And now we have the Texas Eggfest coming up in six days. We're really Eggcited about it. I think we were the third bunch of Eggfesters with our little gathering in Temple Texas in 2003. Not a big crowd but some of the people who came are very recognizable and their smiles are even bigger than that day when the BBQ Event organizers put us behind the stage because we didn't fit the mold.

TexasEggfestCrew2003.jpg

See anyone you know?

Thanks to you guys and gals, Eggfesting is a tradition that just grows and grows and grows.

Spring "Eggfester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Chris.......I think you covered all the subjects...........great food.....but the afterparty...to kill for... :woohoo:
  • Nature Boy
    Missed you man.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Chris, it was a fun weekend. I had a blast hanging out at the Dizzy camp. Dale and his crew do an umbelievable job and put on one great fest. This will be a regular event on my calendar. I enjoyed meeting Kenny and talking with him. What a great kid. Sorry I didn't get to see you this morning. I called your romm but you had already left. I got to tell you those fatties you made were the best I've ever had and your ribs......well, as always they were fantastic!! You'll be knocking 'em dead in the competitions this year. Good luck next weekend and keep us posted.
  • Nature Boy
    Yeah, I made it. Just me, Hatch and Hayhonker in the parking lot at 1:30am in the pouring rain.

2 am, just me as the rain stopped. Wish you were there to keep it going!
    Cheers bro
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Howdy Anna, and thanks. Yes indeed. Good, good time.

Pineapple Head is available now and it's on the website (not yet in the descriptions, but on the shopping page).

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Yeah, dangit is right. We cudda used you there.
    Your project looks great. I haven't done anything on mine :-( COngrats on the progress!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Indeed! Yeah, this was my 10th of 10 MD eggfests. Impossible to describe the fun.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    you going to be pulling that trailer of yours anywhere close to me this year or are you going to do the "northern" circut this year?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    It's great to see so many familar faces of friends. Hope yall had a great time! It looks like it was da bomb! Chris, are you still recovering from the events?
  • Nature Boy
    Howdy Leroy.
    Naw, the Atlanta Eggtoberfest was the first. But Waldorf wasn't too far behind, and they really made it a great event....and, of course, the people didn't hurt. Have a blast at the Texas gig!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    The afterparty could have been the best ever at any fest. There was a ton of people, and a great deal of good energy in the air. Tons of fun.
    Beers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Pineapple Heas is definitley a must have Anna. From the first time I tried it's been one of my favorites. Even though Chris says it's for fruit and vegetables, don't listen to him.:) You wouldn't believe how well it goes with so many dofferent meats,pou;try and seafood. It's available on his website right now.
  • Nature Boy
    Thanks Anne. I was on the Ro-Ad about 9:30 this morning. Sorry I missed your call!

Yeah, Kenny's a good kid, and really working hard to be successful. You and Del are always fun to hang with, and I am glad we got to spend the time together. Wish it were more often. You two have a lot of good karma to spread around! Thanks for everything!

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Ya know, it really is a reunion with really good friends, and the bonus of being able to add new ones every year.

Yeah, definitely recovering, but overall in pretty good shape! Might have been a different story if the Poolman, Bente and Sparky were there ;-)

Hope all is well with you
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Anne,

Did you make it out of there without being tp'd?

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time...
  • Nature Boy
    We are going to Danville VA in 2 weeks. Just across the border from North Carolina. That ain't too far ferya right?

Anyways, that's about as close as we get unless we luck out and get invited to the Jack again!

Cheers mang!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I'm thinking theyare still recovering from Team Hardcore! :laugh:
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    It was good getting to meet you & the Dizzy Pig squad ..... That rib meat fattie was incredible. Thanks for sharing the technique on creating that. I just tried to replicate those Cow Lick steak & cheese sammies for lunch today, the family said they were great, but they still weren't as good as the ones at eggfest. See you guys around. Thanks for all the food & fun. (sorry we camped out at your egg waiting on that fatty :blush: )
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Good seeing you Chris. Thank for the pre and after party eggs and tents.
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Chris -

Great seeing you again. Thanks for setting up the epicenter of the pre-party. Sorry I couldn't stay for the afternoon or the post-party.

My spice cabinet is once again well stocked. :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • brian j
    brian j Posts: 9
    great time. nicole and i had a blast at the ater party. thanks to all who cook up all that great food.
  • Ottawa_egger
    Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
    Had to Google that one - I have never heard of wheat whiskey before. Looks good - too bad it'll never see Canadian soil. Might have to pick some up on my next biz trip.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Chris,

It was great meeting you and the whole gang. You guys are all great fun to hang with. I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta at Eggtoberfest.