Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any Corvette Z06 Owners Here?

Options
Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought one yesterday. It is the 50th anniversary 2003 model which was the Indianapolis 500 pace car. It is black with the retro black & red 1953 throwback leather interior. The odometer has 10,098 miles. It has only 405 horsepower and the speedometer goes only to 200 mph, but I guess I can make it work.

The funny thing is that, when I told my wife about the purchase, she said that settles it and that I won't be buying the third BGE we have been discussing. It will have to wait for next year.

Hope to see you at the Texas Eggfest.

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    A friend of mine got one, a yellow hardtop, I think it was a 03 maybe a 04 I dont know, but he put a turbo on it. Very scary ride. Odd thing about my friend he is disabled with a back injury, and bearly can get in it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :woohoo: You have to discuss 'eggs' with the wive and not BGE's. :laugh:

Back in the day had a 409 "T" window coup. A lot of power. Then went to Mustangs, Boss and tried to find a early Shelby but too much $$$

Now I am looking forward to the new Muscle Fiat's. The good thing is I will be able to get a government rebate in for my other car and a government warranty.

Seems like "The Good Old Days" will have a whole new meaning.

Congratulations on your new ride, wish it were mine & I wish I still had some of my old "toys". I sure love the old muscle cars.

GG
  • Bevo
    Options
    The most difficult aspect of it is getting in and out of it. But it's worth the contortions.
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    My brother has an 2006. I have never drove it but have rode in it a couple of times. The thing is a rocket!!! So much so he worries about getting a speeding ticket at 100+ mph which it can hit in seconds. If you happen to have a passenger in the car with you you can be charged with more serious counts and possibly have the car confiscated?? I am not sure if that is all true but it worries him and he isn't a young kid with a lead foot or anything. I wish I had one in my garage and could afford to just leave it set.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! No Z06, but I have a 2004 Commemerative vert, a 1972 LT-1 vert, and a 1964 vert that was originally a fuelie. I have headers, intake, and wide open exhaust on the '04 and getting around 400 hp. Scares the hell out of me, but I love getting to the speed limit in a hurry. Can't begin to imagine what the ZR1 with 620 hp would do!

Slick
  • Bevo
    Options
    Wow. I'll be content with my 405 hp. Until I get my insurance coverage binder tomorrow I'm not going to test its limits. My wife is still negotiating over driving rights -- I think she will make a great passenger, but I'm probably going to be a worried passenger if she is driving.