Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My potato salad

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P7060091.jpg
<p />Just a little something to go with either an Omaha steak or burger (gift) later this afternoon in the egg. Not too bad for an old single guy. LOL[p]Oh, Ketel One over the rocks to relax with. ÜÜÜ[p]Cheers to all,
New Bob

Comments

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    Options
    New Bob,[p]New Bob, I don't know about the potato salad having not tried it, but I can vouch for the Kettle One. I keep a litre bottle in the freezer at all times (ever tried that ?).[p]Doug

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    New Bob,[p]That looks FANTASTIC! Care to share your recipe? [p]Ribs are cooking and it's time for another beverage...
    Cheers,
    QBabe
    :~)

• gotta-mado
    gotta-mado Posts: 15
    Options
    New Bob,
    Now I did it. I have a chip in my monitor where I tried to sample your salad with my fork.

• Bordello
    Options
    gotta-mado,
    Keeping it all for myself Big Guy.[p]HeeHeeheeeeeeeeee[p]New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    QBabe,
    I will do the best I can, I usally don't measure things.[p]X amount of potato's
    X amount of boiled eggs
    finely chopped celery
    sliced jalapeno black olives (small can)
    canned red kidney beans (I only use a few large spoonfuls)
    chopped bell pepper (different colors for looks)
    small abount of finely chopped canned pineapple
    I use miracle whip salad dressing mixed with a small portion of country style dijon mustard and a cap full of vinegar
    finely chopped green onion
    a few twist of freshly ground black pepper
    a few shakes of BlueSmokes EZ Life or rub of choice
    a tad of salt[p]I have one of those wire egg slicer's, so I cut the eggs one direction then remove the sliced egg and turn it to cut in the opposite direction, break it up in the bowl of chopped potato's.[p]Mix all ingredients in large bowl adding dressing to your taste.[p]Keep one or two eggs to slice for the top, a few slice's of colored bell pepper,a few of the olives and red kidney beans for presentation. Oh, we can't forget the paprika.
    Add or subtract as desired[p]Chill and serve.[p]A great week to ya,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    Doug,
    I totally agree, always keep the "V" in the freezer, especially here in the Phoenix area. Were running 108° to 113° for this week, no good to have hot vodka. (It's 84° here at 7:24 this morning) LOL[p]Cheers,
    New Bob