Hi all, been lurking around for a few months and finally got tired of reading about the BGE and bought one this Friday.
Im hoping the pics I posted will come out ok (doubt it as I didnt read any directions.)
I built my table for around 85 bucks and its based off of the Naked Whiz's plans (I used pine 1x4's instead of more expensive wood.)
My first two cooks were not good as I didnt realize the egg heats up so fast (this is not a bad thing just a learning curve on my part.)
Ive only cooked twice on the egg and here are a few newbie observations:
1. It heats up real real fast, about 10-15mins and its hitting 500f
2. It take a long long time to cool down if you overshoot your temp, so undershoot your target temp then raise it slowly (I guess.)
3. Waiting for the white smoke to clear is fast (only took one beer) I would guess from the initial light to cooking it was 20 minutes till I had my hot dogs grillin (I overcooked them btw..)
3. Used the two paper towel + cooking oil method to light, wow that is extremely easy.
4. Should have bought the platesetter when I bought the egg, Id say this is a must have buy as Id like to use it tonight.
5. Wife is really happy with the Egg and Im sure it will get better once we stop overcooking our food.
Thanks to all on the forum for your posts, the information and pictures are really helpful in planning future cooks.