Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little nervous

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cory reasured me and then I put the butts on, wow full load. Nerveracking.
graduationcookandsomemore003.jpg
With Loveless' Cafe dry rub
graduationcookandsomemore007.jpg

graduationcookandsomemore006.jpg

graduationcookandsomemore008.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• cookn biker
    Can't see one of them. The last one I just kinda put os top of the others. This is going to be a loooong cook.
    Sigh...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Those are big Butts Molly..LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Rick in Mt.

ps...relax the rest is easy.
  • cookn biker
    Thanks, I think :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Your walking in dangerous territory there Rick. :)

Kent
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Molly........and on top of that incredible cook you've got those amazing Colorado views........I insist YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY GIRL
  • Grandpas Grub
    It looks like the cuts are all touching. If that meat doesn't shrink some your timing may act like one huge hunk of meat.

Kent
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Beli. I am glad that you saw that shot! You are right. The front range feeds my soul.
    Back at you as well!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I know GG. That is why I am nervous. Should I take two off and put the grid with the legs on and two tier it?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    wow that's a lot of butts Molly. in the last picture i see a piece of foil that extends to the gasket, you might want to tuck it under the butt to allow better circulation, just my 2 cents :P keep us posted.
    canuckland
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Probably wouldn't be a bad idea!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Misippe Egger's thoughts might be good idea.

I would let them cook for a few hours and see what happens then decide. They are going to shrink some.

Kent
  • I call B*LL SH*T. :laugh: ;)

You know what you are doing. Don't be askeret. Just follow your instincts.
  • cookn biker
    graduationcookandsomemore.jpg
    They are precaiously placed. Both levels still touching...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I think your right. Just using the large for her first low n slo.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I did. Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Deep breaths. It'll be fine.

LR
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looks MUCH better to me!
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    That last photo looks about right Molly. You'll be fine. Now quit peeking! :laugh:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Molly, did you peek through the dome to make sure the dome thermometer probe is not stabbing/touching the upper-deck butt?
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    No. I will now. The gasket is falling off.
    It'll all be ok.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks for your help Cory.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Appreciate everyones help!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Molly,

Nothin like gasket smoked butts. If it is gonna fall in the lump rip it off.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Smokin-AJ's
    Smokin-AJ's Posts: 99
    Lookin good Molly... Can't wait to see the finish pics..
  • cookn biker
    I'm under strict orders not to peek. Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks AJ. Will post em.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    How is everything coming Molly? You get back up to temp yet? Dont worry none bout that gasket, I aint had one on the med. in a long time and it aint seemed to make any difference in performance.
  • cookn biker
    Not quite up there. Dome probe sticking in meat. Have oven therm on main grid reading 200. Tempt'd meat on top it was 120. Think I'm good. Will check in 30 /45 min. If same I will adjust. Daisy 3/4ths open, bottom open inch. Probably cause of the mass? BREATH...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Walk in the park Molly...C'mon, you could talk anyone through the process. No worries.

Enjoy your bevs while keeping an eye on those babies.