Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife cooked some'en: Beer lime chicken

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Worked off graveyards this morning, slept 4 hrs and started war on the weeds at 10:00. Just quit at 18:30. The wife found this recipe and made it while I mowed, weed eat, and bush hoged.

Ingredients:
1 lime, juiced
1 (12 fluid ounce) can light colored beer
1 teaspoon honey
2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper until the honey dissolves. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about 7 minutes per side.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 5/1/2009

By the time I quit a Kingsford hamburger would have been great BUT for chicken breast this was good! ;)
The raws.
Spring09april19103.jpg

I grabbed a brew and se down in the Shack just as they were about done.
Spring09april19131.jpg

Spring09april19133.jpg

Did I ever say I love my wife?!! :woohoo:
Spring09april19134.jpg

Jake loves her also. :laugh:
Spring09april19136.jpg

Comments

• Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    JL,
    Nothing better than attacking all that man work outside, then having a great meal and washing it down with an adult bev. Nice cook. Great wife! And jake has Star Power! :woohoo:
    Brian in rainy PA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    JL, Hard work gets good eats!!! Great pics!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Unknown
    Options
    good food good pics ...and nothing better than counting your blessings ,, poor andy looks so sad,
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Man work makes me feel like a little girl right now!! :whistle:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Molly, tonight its kind of like fishing. There is absulutly nothing better than a can of vienneas at 13:00 setting in the middle of the river running a trotline! :P
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I totally understand :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Don't worry about that stupid cat. He's on the couch crashed right now. See!! :pinch:
    Spring09april19.jpg
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Then you need more beer! :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:
    Brian
  • Panhandle Egger
    Options
    Great lookin' cook there JL!! You and the wife have this Eggin thing down to a science B) How does Jake feel about Andy being out on work release :huh:
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Good looking grub you there partner! I gotta do battle with the yard pretty soon myself. It'd be nice for someone to have that waiting on me when I finished :lol:

...I am however, enjoying a coldie :laugh:
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    You got a good Wife JL she is a keeper!!

Ross
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    Jl the wife done done good! Nice looking meal for sure. what kinda peppers is that? Little tobasco type? You already got peppers coming off. Wish I had the grass all finished up here. This is the first of three weekends in a row I have cooking for family get togethers, so will be cutting grass as the green family all smoke. Beers to you JL hope the rain holds off some.
  • wannaegg
    wannaegg Posts: 31
    Options
    JL - the SWEET Old Milwaukee. May I substitute an Old Style?

Up finally (9:30 a.m.) at my first Eggfest and I'm stoked after last night! What a great time.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    ...a perfect plate JL...a true chef's worth....