Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Egg Table question

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Those of you who have a Large BGE and the BGE table. Would another large be able to fit on the same table side by side?

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Eddie,

That depends on the length of the table and how the table is built, strength of the wheels etc.

I think it was a year and a half ago when I first saw AZRP's eggs. All in nests and some nice SS roll around work stations. I am not sure if it is the same now, however, I have decided to go the same route as Randy.

Good eggin, GG
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Hey, Good Morning Panhandle Smoker,

Plans from the BGE for the extended LBGE table are 58" long. The cut out for the LBGE is 21", so yes 2 LBGEs will fit next to each other.

Plans for the compact version are only 41" long with the same 21" cutout, so no 2 won't fit.

Hope this helps.
  • Garnerac
    Garnerac Posts: 134
    Options
    Id probably want to beef up the structure of the table to some degree. Thats alot of weight and alot of $$!
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I have a large in a table, and if you are going to build one the standard length of 50 some odd inches and put 2 large eggs inside, you will have no work space. Also, if you put 2 eggs in one table of any length you will need some very heavy duty easy rolling wheels. I think a much better way would be a normal sized table with one egg, and another egg in a nest next to the table.
  • Dan in StL
    Dan in StL Posts: 254
    Options
    I fully agree with Semolina - the issue of no work space combined with the complication of structrual challenges - especially if you want to make the thing movable, are huge. I like the idea of one table, one nest and then sharing the table's work space.
  • newegg
    newegg Posts: 78
    Options
    Didn't you buy the used BGE in Sandestin, if so how is doing? We looked at it but it wasn't a good time for us to be spending any extra money when we already had a large and a small. Let me know. Blessings, Rosie
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    I talked to the local dealer here about putting my large and my small on the same table. They told me no problem. I think that I might do that as I have a kitchen island that I'm getting ready to convert to outdoor use. The island has drawers and shelf plus the large work area on top. The other half said the island wouldn't work in the new house, but I wasn't about to get rid of it!!!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    Yes, I did get the one in Destin. It looks new with a total investment of only 400. I have a co-worker selling his 3 yr old large with a long table cheap cheap. I was just wondering if there was enough room form two Eggs on the long large table. According to the measurements it would fit but I did not know How far from the end the hole was cut for the Egg. Too far from the end it would not fit even if there were 58 inches there.

Structurally I am not worried about, that is easily fixed. I have an XL it is a very heavy rig but easily manageable. I strengthened it more than the BGE Tables so you could drive a tank on to it. I added some heavy duty casters which rolls easily. I would add collapsing shelves on each side of the table for work space, so work space is not an issue either. We have a saw mill down the road that only carries Cedar and Cypress. I just didn't know if the BGE tables cut out for the first Egg would allow space for a second.