Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cooking my first Boston Butt alnight

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took Vegas Slim's advice and am cooking an 8 pounder low and slow. Started at 11:00pm last night and still going. Followed the Naked Whiz instructions on his first B.B. and all seems to be going well with a view exceptions. My Redi-chek thermometer woke me at 5:30am indicating low heat in the cooker, 175*. Adjusted back to 220* and went back to bed(adjusted slide vent approx. 1/16 inch opening with daisy wheel open). Woke this morning with meat at 158* and smoker at 200*. Have noticed that there is a 25* difference between the smokers dome temp. gauge and the remote thermometer's temp. gauge located on the grid. The dome's temp is always higher. Is this normal? Anyway, I think I better bump the smokers temp up to at least 250* to get the meat off its 158* plateau and headed toward 200*. Any advice would be welcome.

Comments