Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hamburgers

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need a good recipe with heating and cooking time instructions. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• germanshorthair
    Options
    neweggor,[p]Run your temp. up to around 500-600,put burgers on for about 4-5 minutes then flip and repeat. Then close top and bottom vents leaving burgers on for about 3 minutes.
    This will give you a nice well done burger. For med. or rare just shorten the time.

• Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    neweggor,
    Look on the archives. There is a great recipe with onion soup mix, applesauce, Ritz crackers,etc. I wanted to try something different one night. Did this and they were great. Let me know if you can't find it. I've got it written down.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    neweggor,
    I like to keep them simple. 6oz. patties splashed with worcestershire sauce, coated with cow lick or montreal steak seasoning. Cook at abot 500-550 for about 4 minutes per side on a raised grid.[p]~nikki

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    nikkig,
    i'm with you. . .simple is best. . .i do nothing more than maybe mixing in a splash of bbq sauce (whatever is in the fridge) or like you a little worcestishire, then kosher salt and cow lick . . .what more could a burger need??

• JerseyD
    JerseyD Posts: 8
    Options
    neweggor,
    Another burger tip...
    When you make your patties, gently indent the center on both sides (so the raw burger patty is thicker around the edges than it is in the middle). This will prevent the ballooning out of the cooked burger that so often bedevils the tidy-burger lover. The finished product will come out with flat surfaces if you do it right.

• gotta-mado
    gotta-mado Posts: 15
    Options
    neweggor,
    My family won't eat burgers unless I add Lipton Onion Soup mix to them. I prefer plain with a big fat grilled onion on top - don't forget the cheeze and grilled buns.