Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chicken marsala bone in breast

DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
edited 9:59PM in EggHead Forum
This turned out pretty good.Cooked at 400 indirect raised grid.Basted twice in a thirty minute time frame.
After 30 minutes of cooking I closed the daisy to 1/8 inch opening and the bottom vent to a 1/4 inch opening and cooked till it was 165 degrees.The temp will drop to around 275 at this time but don't worry.

The marinade was .

4 cloves garlic mashed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4cup Marsala wine
4 tablespoons rosemary
juice of one lemon

Marinate for two hours or more.

002-20.jpg
·

Comments

• Looks very tasty. I will have to try it.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Darnoc,

Looks really good guy!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Thanks for posting this!
    Been on my list of things to try for a long time :(
    Could you taste the wine in the bird?
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    There was just a hint of the wine flavor.This my have happened because the skin was left on or might have to marinate for a longer period of time say over night.I might try poking the breast all over with a fork then let it do its thing over night.
    ·