Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chicken marsala bone in breast

DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
edited 9:56AM in EggHead Forum
This turned out pretty good.Cooked at 400 indirect raised grid.Basted twice in a thirty minute time frame.
After 30 minutes of cooking I closed the daisy to 1/8 inch opening and the bottom vent to a 1/4 inch opening and cooked till it was 165 degrees.The temp will drop to around 275 at this time but don't worry.

The marinade was .

4 cloves garlic mashed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4cup Marsala wine
4 tablespoons rosemary
juice of one lemon

Marinate for two hours or more.

002-20.jpg
·

Comments

• Looks very tasty. I will have to try it.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Darnoc,

Looks really good guy!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Thanks for posting this!
    Been on my list of things to try for a long time :(
    Could you taste the wine in the bird?
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    There was just a hint of the wine flavor.This my have happened because the skin was left on or might have to marinate for a longer period of time say over night.I might try poking the breast all over with a fork then let it do its thing over night.
    ·