Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Texas Eggfest Site Updated - What are you cooking?

Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited 4:40PM in EggHead Forum
Despite the warnings of the invasive, dreaded Piggie Virus, I checked the Texas Eggfest site and there are now 23 cooks showing. Should be some good eats...which begs the question: What are you cooking?

I'm still developing my thoughts here but I know I'm in for:

- Big batch of my smoked Charra Beans
- Southwestern Rumaki
- Spicy Hoisin Satays

Also considering Honey Gold Wings (the bride's request), Tequila-Lime Shrimp or a Foccacia grilled chicken sandwich that my kids are lobbying for.....yes, I'll take votes from you guys.

But, the real question is WHAT ARE YOU COOKING?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,155
    Hold me a couple of the Honey Gold Wings please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    I don't knoooow!! :S :silly:

Cheers!
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,489
    As of now we are planning on cooking bourbon meatballs and bacon-wrapped watermelon rinds...yummy. I think SC wants to do a breakfast on his GriddleQ but not sure what yet - probably quesidillas (sp?) or his Egg McChicken.
    ·
  • BevoBevo Posts: 179
    I'm not sure exactly, but my intention is to cook three courses that don't take much time each so I can have time to visit with other cooks and not be restricted by time or temperature to my BGE.

As of now, I am thinking of kielbasa sausages, portabella mushrooms, and grilled pineapple spears marinated in rum and brown sugar. But not necessarily in that order.

I look forward to seeing you there.
    ·