Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Texas Eggfest Site Updated - What are you cooking?

Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited 12:44PM in EggHead Forum
Despite the warnings of the invasive, dreaded Piggie Virus, I checked the Texas Eggfest site and there are now 23 cooks showing. Should be some good eats...which begs the question: What are you cooking?

I'm still developing my thoughts here but I know I'm in for:

- Big batch of my smoked Charra Beans
- Southwestern Rumaki
- Spicy Hoisin Satays

Also considering Honey Gold Wings (the bride's request), Tequila-Lime Shrimp or a Foccacia grilled chicken sandwich that my kids are lobbying for.....yes, I'll take votes from you guys.

But, the real question is WHAT ARE YOU COOKING?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    Hold me a couple of the Honey Gold Wings please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    I don't knoooow!! :S :silly:

Cheers!
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    As of now we are planning on cooking bourbon meatballs and bacon-wrapped watermelon rinds...yummy. I think SC wants to do a breakfast on his GriddleQ but not sure what yet - probably quesidillas (sp?) or his Egg McChicken.
    ·
  • BevoBevo Posts: 179
    I'm not sure exactly, but my intention is to cook three courses that don't take much time each so I can have time to visit with other cooks and not be restricted by time or temperature to my BGE.

As of now, I am thinking of kielbasa sausages, portabella mushrooms, and grilled pineapple spears marinated in rum and brown sugar. But not necessarily in that order.

I look forward to seeing you there.
    ·