Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

babyback question

Vegas SlimVegas Slim Posts: 166
edited 12:55PM in EggHead Forum
ok here comes another stupid one!! how do you all tell when your ribs are done BESIDES temp? i usually puell when you pick the rack up and the bend causes it to tear the meat any other ways to tell?

·

Comments

• Vegas Slim,
    I go by appearance, the should pull back 1/4" to 3/8", they should look thoroughly cooked, no visible fat. I usually start picking a little near the end, when it pulls easy they are probably done. Anymore I usually pull an end rib, that is over cooked a bit which lets me visually check the second from the end. I also sometimes just lift an end to see if the rack is about to fall apart. You eventually get a pretty good feel for the doneness. I bet we've cooked babyback ribs 30 or 40 times now. Each time is different, but our consistency has been excellent. I never use a thermometer, when I do, they never come out as good as when check with the above noted tests. Good luck.

·
  • Vegas SlimVegas Slim Posts: 166
    Still Smokin', thanks! i appreciate it i hope you and yours have a safe and happy 4th!

·