Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norfolk Eggfest - 4/25

Options
FrankC
FrankC Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know this was not one of the larger fests, but it was my first, and I had a great time! The weather could have cooperated a little more, as it was a bit cool and windy most of the day. I met lots of people that share my obsession with egging, and also met several new egg owners who seemed very happy with their new rigs.

Getting set up
IMGP3783.jpg

Doug Ashmore making an announcement. He and his wife Laurel are the owners of Smokn' Buddies and were excellent hosts.
IMGP3784.jpg

And of course, you don't do anything in Nebraska without including Cornhusker fans.
IMGP3782.jpg

Here's one with me, Rich and his son Austin. Rich was cooking ribs for the first time on his new LBGE. They came out great!
DSCF1463.jpg

The rest are general shots of the going's on. I was lucky enough to cook next to Doug's Competition partner John. All in all, it was really a good time. I'll be back again next year!
IMGP3789.jpg
IMGP3788.jpg
IMGP3787.jpg
IMGP3786.jpg
IMGP3785.jpg

fc

Comments

• Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Great pics Frank. It looks to be a little chilly there.
  • FrankC
    Options
    It was! I was lucky enough to have a windbreak, so my area wasn't too bad, but some of the other areas were very chilly!

I used to live in your area, down in Vail, AZ. Spent 5 years there. I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I'm really happier in a four season climate. I had a really hard time with the heat...just never got used to it.

Maybe we'll meet at another fest...I'm thinking that Oklahoma is drivable. We'll see!

fc
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Great pics, Frank!

About how many turned out and how many cookers?
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Looks like fun. Bet those Eggs felt good, huh?

Mike
  • FrankC
    Options
    Misippi Egger wrote:
    Great pics, Frank!

About how many turned out and how many cookers?

There were 23 eggs going, and I would say at least 100 people visited throughout the day. Not bad, considering Norfolk is kinda out of the way. OTOH, it was a nice, relaxing drive, through some very nice little farm towns.

fc
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great pics Frank. Thanks for sharing those.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE