Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good change at Texas EggFest

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good change in Texas EggFest. Not going to raffle off the Small Egg for $5.00. They have changed it to a Large Egg with Redwood Table for $5.00 raffle.
Talking with Bob this afternoon and they now have over 100 to attend. Bob said that they have 25 demo eggs sold as of today.
If the rain will just stop by Saturday week.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    You done jink'd it now..
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    that didn't jinx it...rumor has it a BS holding meteorologist will be in attendance.....now that jinxes it.....lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Oh boy, could you be that "BS holding meteorologist"?
    I did your homework for you and so far it looks like the rain in Austin is going to stop on next Thursday. We will be fine, and hot, for Saturday! Just gotta figure a way to get Chubby to attend and to sneak in the vodka shrimp shots.
    See ya soon, I hope.
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I thought meteorologist were "full of BS"??? :ohmy:
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Hi Mickey,
    I want to sell the 06 XB. Lets do a raffle. 10.00 for a ticket. after 1200 tickets are sold we announce the winner.
  • Mickey
    sounds like a winner. How do you fit a Woo2 in a Scion xB
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    easy. it comes with one
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Mickey,

That's good news that they have more than 100 who will attend. I have been checking their Web site and they show 16 cooks and 19 non-cooks, for a total of 35. It would be great to have that roster updated.

I look forward to meeting you there.
  • Mickey
    Will see you soon.
    I ask Bob why the low number showing signed up? He said they were just putting down egg forum type people on the posting. Not sure why and not sure that is all correct, but his story.
    He did say as of today showing at 100. THis includes people signed, sponsers, friends of BBQ Outfitters, his words not mine. He did say still expecting 150/200 total at fest.

• Mickey
    Al, I would have thought you would have make a tshirt for Texas egger types by now.

• HungryMan
    I can think of a funny one. Only to types of people come from Texas, eggers or steers. Which one are you?
    Something like that
  • Mickey
    Al, I will try to speak for Texans. NO Thanks :ohmy:

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    The "COOP PARTY" was bigger than that!!! :woohoo:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Haaaa... Only because everyone drank enough for three people...

Eggppreciate the overtones though.

Spring "Bring 'em On, Fill 'em Up, Wring 'em Out and Do It All Over Again" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Nevermind the rain Mickey! If the flu will stop...
    I might not be able to make it... :S and if I do, I can't take any raw proteins with me so I'm still looking to see what I do...

Cheers
  • Mickey
    Say it aint so friend. We are all looking to meet you in person.

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Tell me about it.... I'm really looking forward to it and don't want to miss it...

We'll see how it all turns out, hopefully for the best!

cheers!
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Pato,

We have not met, but my wife & I would like to invite you to stay at our home in Austin. We are only amateur BGE chefs but we are planning to cook at the Texas Eggfest. I will be off work on the day before the event, and we can shop together to obtain whatever proteins or other items you might need.

Please let us know if you would like to join us in this event. We welcome you to our country, our great state, and our home.

We are not concerned about the flu. You will be very welcome here in our home.