Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Store Made Pizza Tonight :-(~

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PP_040800_152304.jpg
<p />This afternoon was filled with BGE things. First I made another batch of JJ’s Rub followed by a batch of Gfw’s BBQ sauce – somehow we ran out of both again. Then I cleaned out the ash and stacked the lump.[p]Since I got back from San Diego I’ve been thinking a lot about Mexican food. This morning I found a recipe for beef enchiladas – looked good, but I was also out of pulled pork. So tomorrow I’ll be making Pulled Pork Enchiladas, refried beans and Spanish rice. [p]I hate to admit it, but tonight we’ll be having store bought pizza. Not being as lucky as some of you, I only have one egg and the picture illustrates how it is currently being used. [p]

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Gfw,
    I take it that is a smothered w/mustard butt! Do I get the prize? Or are my eyes deceiving me?[p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: Egg pizza/gooood! store pizza/bummmer!

• Gfw
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, You get the prize - it weighed in at 6.5 lbs - should be ready for breakfast (snack) tomorrow - should make great enchilladas for tomorrow evening. If you lived closer, I'd send an invite.

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Gfw,
    Since I grew up in sunny So. CA. the enchiladas sound just as good to me! My favorite of favorites is turkey enchiladas made with brined & smoked turkey from the Egg! I kin eat that till I burst! My wife is from the midwest, and it took some doing to get her adjusted to So. CA. cuisine! She has done an excellent job and her cookin' is nothing' to be ignored either! Good Woman!!![p]Dr. Chicken

• SpiceCooks
    Options
    Gfw,
    Need a good recipe for homemade spanish rice? I have one that will fit the bill.

• Gfw
    Options
    SpiceCooks, I should have guessed - I would love it. Thanks![p]