Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot Royal Oak Special

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hardwood lump $7.99 for a 17.6 pound bag & briskets for 1.69 a pound. I have not purchased any briskets so I can not comment on the quality. Hopefully someone else has. The front of my flier says Georgia/N.C. May 09 so it might not be on special in your state.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Check the bags closely...my last 2 bags from RD were made in Argentina...and this stuff is absolute crap...I got half a bag thats going in the trash....or at least the chiminea...literlly a 1/16th of an inch of ash on top of the pizza stone when I thought I was ready to start cooking pies...needless to say the pizzas had to wait...It only says it on the side of the bag..something to the effect of...Made for Royal Oak..in Argentina....if thats what they have I recommend not buying it....
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Ha... Susan you zigged when you should have zagged when calculating. It should be $ .45 per pound.

Spring "Matriculating Master" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    She was refering to the price of Brisket :) not lump.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Oh yea... I couldn't see the entire sentence for the words LOL.

My misnake.

Spring "Operating Error" Chicken
  • BBQEd
    BBQEd Posts: 63
    Options
    has American lump in the off season and early in the season but by now they will only have Argentinian or Paraguayan lump until the end of the summer.

I have around 10 bags of American RO and plan on making a pilgrimage to Humphrey's Charcoal the next time I need lump.

Has anyone here used Humphrey's?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea i just got mine i have bought 2 briskets from the one in charlotte they were both good but next time i am going to try the next grade up..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Trust me I got my stash of the good stuff..I just didnt notice when buying the last 2 bags that it said argentina...the bags actually looked like they had been vacuum packed..not loose kinda grocery bag lookin like the American stuff..Waldorf Eggfest will sell BGE lump at a discount during the fest also..
  • BBQEd
    BBQEd Posts: 63
    Options
    I occasionally stay in Waldorf for work, unfortunately I can't come up with any excuses to go there for business during the eggfest. My sister lives less than 15 mi from Humphrey's charcoal factory so I'll give some of theirs a try next time I go visit her, besides I'd like to give as much business to a local company as possible.