Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What are the "must have" accessories for the BGE?

BigDawg35BigDawg35 Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wonderful wife decided for our first anniversary that instead of me getting her diamond earrings that she would rather us have a Big Green Egg instead (I know, what an AWESOME woman). Yesterday we went to Georgia Backyard and purchased a Large Big Green Egg with the large work table. The only accessories we purchased were the plate setter, ash tool, grill gripper handle, and electric charcoal starter.

What else are the "must have" accessories? I think I'd like to have the pizza stone and possibly the cast iron grates. I've seen some of the pictures of pizzas on the BGE and am thinking I'm going to have to try it out. Can you get a really good sear on the factory grates or should I get the cast iron? Any other recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to consolidate three units down to just this one. I've got a Weber Performer kettle, a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker, and a Kenmore Elite 6-burner gas grill. Am I living a pipe dream in thinking the BGE will be able to replace all three?

Comments